• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where did I miss the part that these -900's were going to Mesaba? They are now at Pinnacle, then were they to go to Mesaba??? Not saying it's not true, I just never heard of these airplanes going to Mesaba. ASA needs -900's but I wouldn't get to happy until a Company press release/email is announced at ASA. With a loss now of another 10 aircraft plus the 12 ATR's and the single -700 we are not gaining anything from this. We'll see, but we must get into the -900 flying to keep us competitive.

Wow, where to start, I guess the beginning.
First 7 were delivered to Freedom with 7 more due from the factory. Then Delta decided to give them all to Comair with one additional from the factory to bring the total to 15. Then a couple weeks later they changed to giving the 7 already built to pinnacle for approx 3 months til they were to come to Mesaba along with the now 8 due from the factory. Now as of about 6 pm ET today 5 of the already built will be flown starting mid February by Mesaba the other 10 by ASA but ASA must park 20 CRJ 200's they currently operate for a net loss of 10 planes ( for this deal only, not counting the ATR's ect.) Wait a month and watch them end up being passed to Skywest, then Shuttle America...... My God these things will have been passed around more than Tila Tequila......

Looks like ASA management finally caved in to Delta's 2 for 1 deal to get into the 900 flying. Bittersweet victory as it looks like furloughs will be inevitable with a net loss of 10 airplanes. Victory for DAL for shedding 20 50-seaters. Somewhere in ATL, DAL management is sipping champagne...

Probably more like banging hookers paid for with the paychecks of those about to be furloughed from ASA from this deal....

Looks like ASA management finally caved in to Delta's 2 for 1 deal to get into the 900 flying. Bittersweet victory as it looks like furloughs will be inevitable with a net loss of 10 airplanes. Victory for DAL for shedding 20 50-seaters. Somewhere in ATL, DAL management is sipping champagne...

Called it caving if you want, take some 900s now in exchange for some 50s or risk losing (I mean loosing) 50's straight up. The writing has been on the wall with regard to a reduction of 50 seat aircraft. It was a fine stand to take last summer/fall when the market hadn't tanked, now with a new world order, I think you take what you can get and pass the axe to the next DCI 'partner'.

How can you be sure BH happily agreed to a two for one swap? Delta OWNS several of our CRJ-200's. Delta probably told SkyWest Inc. that they were taking back 20 airframes, and then awarding 10 900's to meet the contractual obligations of our purchase in 2005.

On ourasa. First 4 in april, next 3 in may, last in june. Begin removing 200's in spring 2010

Just read it. Looks like we are going to be staffed okay for now! Looks like there was a reason for keeping fat on pilots. All we need now is 100 people to move on by spring of 2010

How can you be sure BH happily agreed to a two for one swap? Delta OWNS several of our CRJ-200's. Delta probably told SkyWest Inc. that they were taking back 20 airframes, and then awarding 10 900's to meet the contractual obligations of our purchase in 2005.

Tough to speculate. BH has made the statement that 09 would be a survival year. I'm guessing they believe they will have opportunities for these planes by 2010 or somewhere in that time frame.

I'll take having a guy like BH calling the shots even if I don't see the immediate result. During the lunch with BH, he repeatedly made the claim of looking down the line a few years and not just one or two years. My money is on the notion that SkyWest Inc has something else in store for these planes and crews. When the boss says ASA is positioned better than most, I take him at his word.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back