• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now the OH guys can be pissed at ASA instead of XJ. Sarcasm folks!!!! See it has nothing to do with you're contractually pay rates. It's all in Delta's crystal ball good luck to all.

This sucks. I was happy to hear when BH told Delta to pound sand when offered the 1 for 2 swap months ago. This just means more guys on the street.

It'll be nice to be in the 900 market, but if it means a net loss, then XJ can keep em.

Not sure how Skywest Inc stole your aircraft.

Were you not there in late 2005/early 2006 when we closed SLC? It was a way to get us to settle on our contract, and it didn't work.

SkyWest announced the closing of SLC and they said that they would transfer 12 700s from ASA to SkyWest, but ASA would get 17 900s. Then, they announced that ASA would not be getting the 900s. Then, they stopped transferring 700s after 4. If nothing else, it pissed off the ASA pilots more to get a good contract.

Edit: Oh, stealth edit. Classy.

ASA finally gets some 900s, too bad they have to park 20 200s.......Delta seems to change their DALCON strategy daily.

I'm not sure if I would call anything they do strategy. Seems like they are just winging it! LOL

And don't forget. We don't know the scheduled "retirement" date for these 50 seaters. It may result initially in a net gain, then over a period of time ASA slowly removes them from service. Smart if that's the way it works out, perhaps ASA won't have to furlough, then can find another home (Carrier) for those 50 seaters going out of service.

Trojan

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back