• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

~1 year upgrade at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How experienced was the Republicshuttletaqua crew that went off the end of the runway in CLE? I remember reading on FI about a memo the airline prez put out taking them to task for not talking to the pax after the incident...perhaps inexperience contributed to the boondaggle after the overrun?

They where pretty expierenced. I think the capt had around 1000 hrs PIC in type and the FO had around 6 years with ACA before coming to shuttle.

Pax are never comfortable in an RJ :) Also PAX don't know how many hours a CA and FO have, nor should they care. They buy a ticket and it is up to the airline to make sure that there are qualified people driving the bus.

Correction, pax are never comftorable in an RJ other than the E-170, 175 airplanes that RAH flies. :)

doesn't really matter. experience crews get into trouble because they get relaxed and inexperience crews get into trouble because of...well..inexperience.

My biggest fear is that with the mass upgrades, we dont get another incident/accident this winter nor anyone else.

every year its something.

Take your time ladies and gents, u get paid by the minute. (at least most of us do.)

EMBPILOT,
I have been looking at your avatar for a few years now, can you get more of the girl and less of your ugly mug in the next shot?:D

How experienced was the Republicshuttletaqua crew that went off the end of the runway in CLE? I remember reading on FI about a memo the airline prez put out taking them to task for not talking to the pax after the incident...perhaps inexperience contributed to the boondaggle after the overrun?

Well, not to defend the Rebublicshuttletaqua crew but if your gonna go there on how experienced they were?

How experienced was the Southwest crew in Miday and Burback Cal.??

How experience was the American Airlines Crew in Little rock??

Experienced or Not... Some things that can't be taught is good judgement and common sense. You either have it or you don't!

Last edited:
And to think I made 75k this year flying around in my little ole' 37 Seat TurboProp.

To think that I made 65K this year flying for CHQ,(at 50 seat rates) and took 3 months of UNPAID medical leave.... and I still have my hearing!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Surf.....

Latest resources

Back