• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

~1 year upgrade at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Minimum hours to upgrade is 2500 hours, so where is the problem?

Agreed, TT might be adequate. But sometimes it is better to fly in an airplane for at least a year or two before you make the 3 foot lateral move. Maybe I am just an idiot (which those who know me would not disagree), but there is a lot more to it than signing paperwork and steering. But if they are qualified, why not. No pilot has always been an "experienced" Captain.

Minimum hours to upgrade is 2500 hours, so where is the problem?

If you can pass a checkride...and bring good judgement to the table...there is no problem. I've flown with 10,000 hr Captains who shouldn't be anywhere near an airplane...and I've seen low-time FO's who are ready to be Captains. The FAA has a requirement to be a CA---and that's an ATP. If you can pass an ATP/Type ride in your given a/c, get signed off on IOE, you are good to go. Whether you have 1,500 hours or 5,000 hours when you upgrade.

Hmmmm, maybe 3000TT and 1500 in type. I would be comfortable as a pax in that plane.

Pax are never comfortable in an RJ :) Also PAX don't know how many hours a CA and FO have, nor should they care. They buy a ticket and it is up to the airline to make sure that there are qualified people driving the bus.

You guys are gay, airplanes fly themselves. Quit bickering like some school girls and engage the autopilot.

So how about guys at the majors that go from A320 FO to DC-9 CA, never having flown a DC-9?? (for example)

Hmmmm, maybe 3000TT and 1500 in type. I would be comfortable as a pax in that plane.

If you go to low and match that up with a 500hr wonder in the right seat is were the problems tend to happen.

Really? All the accidents I've read about have all been with experienced crews.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back