• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zero Time to Pinnacle First Officer in 9 Months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dang SEVEN, it has been 2 or 3 months since you did any Pinnacle bashing. Did you get a girlfriend or something?

Nope. Been married for 9 years and have 3 kids. The truth is this: Jet U guarantees you become a professional airline pilot in 9 months. The reality is that they do make you an airline pilot, but not a "professional" airline pilot. The ad is a complete lie. There are NO professional airline pilots that come out of Jet U, only airline pilots.

Call it 9E bashing if you want. The truth speeks for itself. These ipod wearing, backpack wearing, sunglass wearing unprofessional pilots are causing more harm to the regional industry than ever before. I am ashamed more and more as I walk the terminals where these "pilots" roam.

Hopefully in the near future hiring standards will begin to increase and companies will stay clear of hiring from pilot mills. I doubt it though.

For now, Jet University and the airlines that hire its pilots will remain a laughing stock throughout the entire airline industry; At least the Professional Pilot Industry anyway.

The truth speeks for itself. These ipod wearing, backpack wearing, sunglass wearing unprofessional pilots are causing more harm to the regional industry than ever before. I am ashamed more and more as I walk the terminals where these "pilots" roam.

Has anybody notices that the spikey hair look seems to have given way to the just rolled out of bed, haven't seen a comb/brush in years mop top?

I know I'm old now that my chosen hairstyle is no longer the choice of 22 year lod new hires everywhere. :(

These ipod wearing, backpack wearing, sunglass wearing unprofessional pilots are causing more harm to the regional industry than ever before. I am ashamed more and more as I walk the terminals where these "pilots" roam.

Okay, I'll bite. How?

And unless every spikey-haired, ipod/backpack/sunglasses wearing FO is a JetU grad, how would you tell them apart from younger pilots who dress differently than I choose to?

If somebody wants to pay tons of money for their ratings, well, it's a free country.

The only thing in their ad I find suspicious is the guaranteed job - who's still hiring?

Nobody is hiring right now. It would be a complete waste of money to go to Jet-U right now. The only guarentee in life is that you are going to die.

Where was F/O Dana when I was at CHQ?

That ad is old as dirt and many regionals were still hiring when it was made. The lazy parent-mooching dorks who thought it was a good idea to fast track through Jet U are now getting hung out to dry since they failed to see the writing on the wall when crude broke triple digits. That actually gives me warm and fuzzies.

Not only that, but Jet U is probably going to tank once people start abandoning the idea of becoming an airline pilot once again.

-Brett

Last edited:
What's it matter where they come from?

What's it matter what the do, or don't, put in their hair?

What matters is what kind of pilot they are once they get online. Some of these guys could very well be excellent FOs. Some of these guys pobably will reinforce every negative stereotype out there.

The reality here is that the type of pilot you will be was probably determined by what you brought to training in your personal character. What I'm saying is that the kind of pilot one becomes is probably determined before ever entering the cockpit for the first time.

The vast majority of posters here seem to be getting off by bashing guys they never have met. Pathetic.

Now, all that being said, it's a shame that places like this exist to prey upon the dreams of the under-educated about this industry.

How many of you are gullible enough to believe what JetU or any other "Fast Track" airline school will "supposedly" garanteeing one of their students prospective students. I was thinking of going to one of these airline academies. I decided to talk to some regional airline pilots in the past couple of years from Comair, Republic, and they told me not to become an airline pilot.

Call it 9E bashing if you want. The truth speeks for itself. These ipod wearing, backpack wearing, sunglass wearing unprofessional pilots are causing more harm to the regional industry than ever before. I am ashamed more and more as I walk the terminals where these "pilots" roam.

Seen plenty of said pilots fitting this description wearing the XJ uniform, hotshot. I see you've taught them the standard XJ cockiness and strut as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back