• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zero Time to Pinnacle First Officer in 9 Months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, this thread is a perfect example how how crap flows downhill. Majors bash regionals. Regionals bash pilot factories. How funny!

Somewhere on the way down WE (as a collective group) failed to teach too many of these newbies about professionalism, humility, looking sharp and caring about public perception.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Pitiful...

A whole commercial about Shiny Jet Syndrome..

Well, this thread is a perfect example how how crap flows downhill. Majors bash regionals. Regionals bash pilot factories. How funny!

Somewhere on the way down WE (as a collective group) failed to teach too many of these newbies about professionalism, humility, looking sharp and caring about public perception.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Pitiful...

I don't feel like I should have to teach said newbie how to properly wear a tie. Should you? If an individual has reached the point in their life where they are deciding what airline to fly for, I'm hoping they have already organized the self-worth, dignity, and professionalism department. If not, there are far bigger issues than public perception.

-Brett

I don't feel like I should have to teach said newbie how to properly wear a tie. Should you? If an individual has reached the point in their life where they are deciding what airline to fly for, I'm hoping they have already organized the self-worth, dignity, and professionalism department. If not, there are far bigger issues than public perception.

-Brett

Somewhat correct IMO. Instructors at these schools should be teaching new pilots on professionalism(which includes dressing the part). Regionals should be reinforcing this professionalism(ie...not giving them a stupid windbreaker as part of a uniform). And finally, regional peers(especially Captains) should have the balls(most do) to speak up and hold punks accountable for professionalism. So, yes, it is ultimately OUR responsibility.

HOWEVER, there was more to my original post than just appearance.

Last edited:
Nope. Been married for 9 years and have 3 kids. The truth is this: Jet U guarantees you become a professional airline pilot in 9 months. The reality is that they do make you an airline pilot, but not a "professional" airline pilot. The ad is a complete lie. There are NO professional airline pilots that come out of Jet U, only airline pilots.

Call it 9E bashing if you want. The truth speeks for itself. These ipod wearing, backpack wearing, sunglass wearing unprofessional pilots are causing more harm to the regional industry than ever before. I am ashamed more and more as I walk the terminals where these "pilots" roam.

Hopefully in the near future hiring standards will begin to increase and companies will stay clear of hiring from pilot mills. I doubt it though.

For now, Jet University and the airlines that hire its pilots will remain a laughing stock throughout the entire airline industry; At least the Professional Pilot Industry anyway.

You're probably one of those hotshots at XJ that flies the CRJ-900 and tells people you fly "the nine," aren't you? :rolleyes:

Who really cares though, if they want to spend all that cash let them. Even though they're probably not even qualified to fly a 152 PIC safely, they're still programed to fly an RJ and that's all management wants monkeys who will pass training. That's just what Jet U is for.

You're probably one of those hotshots at XJ that flies the CRJ-900 and tells people you fly "the nine," aren't you? :rolleyes:

Hey now, simmer down. I had one of those in my jumpseat last week and he flew "the nine". Mighty proud, there. Mighty proud.

Until I asked him when Pinnacle started flying DC-9s and he looked confused.

Speaking of proud, he was definitely that, especially since their contract was "renewed". He told me that they're flying at 320 in the climb and descent, and M.82 at cruise due to the operational numbers. When I commented that they're burning up an awful lot of fuel at those speeds, his reply was "it's not our gas, so who cares?"

Yup, mighty proud.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back