• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You stay classy Linden Hillman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is really just sad. The couple of friends I have at AAI can't stand their MEC Chair. They say he involves himself in everything. Micromanaging at its best. Apparently, something like 20-30 committee guys have 'resigned' in the past 6 months to year. One of my buds said the HIMS committee chairman was fired by the MEC Chair for meeting with SWAPA.

It sure seems odd that every time SWAPA sends an update about anything AAI, the MEC Chair's name seems to be on it.

One more thing on committee guys at AAI. Correct me if I'm wrong (Lear), but didn't your MEC Chair replace your entire Merger Committee the day after this acquisition was announced?

So I guess he put in guys that will work 'autonomous' from the MEC, yet he puts himself right in the SLI process. A bit odd for sure!

Perfect! I'm starting to believe thing whole mess might be over before it gets started. I've heard ATN ALPA pounding their chest that their 18-month limit in their new contract WILL dictate how this integration goes down. I've seen ATN pilots encouraging illegal job action against SWA on this forum. And probably on your own forum as well (I'm quite sure someone made sure SWA mgmt saw that one as well). And now, the ATN MEC Chair is demanding retractions and apologies from GK himself? Seriously?

The good news is that trannies won't have to blame SWA or SWAPA if they don't like the outcome. This one may fall squarely on one MEC Chair.

Good luck!!

10 bucks says that trannie pilots don't even get stapled. Preferential interviews for Guadaloupe pilots that truly want to be at SWA is what will happen. Bet on it!

I'm sure it's not true.

Who in their right mind sends a stern letter to your new boss making such demands. You'd have to be a gold plated idiot! Especially to do that to SWA corporate.

Gup

I heard from a guy on the hotel van that his wifes cousins neigbours sisters friend that .........

Go for it AAI guys. Stick it to SWA!! Show them who they're messing around with. Show that CEO Gary Kelly he can't push you all around. No way. You've got ALPA on your side, and he needs you. Put a stick in his eye. You're not a bunch of light weights like the SWAPA guys. Remember it's all about your seniority, and no one else's. He bought you. Now make him really pay. He's just a big blow hard. Full of hot air and veiled threats. You've got a process agreement. He wouldn't dare cut any of you loose. Show him he can't intimidate you, and I say you take this as far as you can!!

Latest resources

Back