• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You stay classy Linden Hillman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We get "growth and seniority advancement" by buying you? What's your definition of growth?

Larger profit sharing? Airtran had an operational loss in the first quarter alone of $32.7 MILLION with a total loss of $8.5 MILLION.

Gup

Again, I'm going to have to say, ask GK. He loves to talk about it.

I'm still trying to figure out why so many of the SWA pilots are trying to instill discourse between the AAI pilots and ALPA.

You will find out when you end up at Southwest. If you say the word ALPA, it will come out of your mouth Hitler. I for one have never had a problem with ALPA, but don't mention the word around here, HAMAS has a better reputation.

This was covered pretty extensively in the past.

Truest statement from any side. It's all been said-- but maybe if we all repeat repeat repeat. Maybe REPEAT louder or with more creative words....

...read my tag line below, your own boss said it. With Airtan out of the way you'll actually get a chance to upgrade. You're welcome.

Well at least you admit it was Airtran being out of the way the will spur the SWA growth. That tag line gets interpreted incorrectly more time than I can count.

I heard Gary Kelly in person state that Airtran was up against a wall as far as growth, so an acquisition was an easy deal to work out with AT Management. His words not mine.

Well at least you admit it was Airtran being out of the way the will spur the SWA growth. That tag line gets interpreted incorrectly more time than I can count.

I heard Gary Kelly in person state that Airtran was up against a wall as far as growth, so an acquisition was an easy deal to work out with AT Management. His words not mine.

AirTran has lower costs than SWA. Of course we were in the way of your growth, that was the reason the whole thing happened. You couldnt grow without us. I fail to see your point?

What YOU heard Gary say is irrevelent to an arbitrator.

AirTran has lower costs than SWA. Of course we were in the way of your growth, that was the reason the whole thing happened. You couldnt grow without us. I fail to see your point?

What YOU heard Gary say is irrevelent to an arbitrator.

You have a great avatar. Other than that, you are clueless. Airtran did have "lower costs than SWA"...but then why, in 2010, did we make 15 times the profit than you guys did, even though we're only 4 times as big. Sounds like even with your lower costs, you're still suckin' hind tit.

One thing you guys need to realize...GK would have payed 1.4 billion to make you disappear...poof - there goes a low-cost competitor (albeit one with limited potential in the long run). And although you like to say you "bring lots to the table", the fact is it was all for sale and it was bought. At a bargain to remove your chess pieces from the board. The great news is you probably get a seat at the table, but trust me, an entitlement attitude never has gone over very well at SWA. And arbitrator or no, GK does have the final say in how this all takes place. And employees that want to be here and are thankful for the opportunity are much more conducive to harmony than the "I gots to get mine cuz the lawman does says I should" banter. Negotiate in good faith with realistic expectations and you will be fine. Negotiate from a "gonna have my cake and eat it too" position and good luck.

Fraternally,
PW

Geez! This is still going on? What are you guys trying to accomplish? Are you solving our SLI? Who needs the MC's when we have you guys working on it more then them? Keep second guessing GK's decision? Is that part of your culture? Move on. We have a bright future and we need to focus on that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back