• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You stay classy Linden Hillman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Geez! This is still going on? What are you guys trying to accomplish? Are you solving our SLI? Who needs the MC's when we have you guys working on it more then them? Keep second guesing GK decision? Is that part of your culture? Move on we have a bright future and we need to focus on that.

Indeed. +1

You will find out when you end up at Southwest. If you say the word ALPA, it will come out of your mouth Hitler. I for one have never had a problem with ALPA, but don't mention the word around here, HAMAS has a better reputation.

LoL - that's pretty funny actually... :D

Hate to tell you this, but this has already damaged my career in the short term. Long term is anyones guess. I would be sitting in the left seat bidding over 50% if it weren't for the SWA merger (and yes, my pay would be about the same, or better, as a right seat SWA guy). I would retire in the top 10 and get any schedule I want. The SWA guys forget that this isn't just about contracts. SWA's contract is much better, but don't forget that SWA is what it is because SWA historically paid much less then its competitors, and that allowed them to grow based off of their cost advantages (sound familier). The biggest issue Im hearing is with the SWA FO's. However, if this merger leads to you guys gaining a few percentage points seniority wise and speeds your upgrade time, then why are you b!tching? This is a good thing for you as well if it speeds your upgrade do to huge growth. Face it, SWA wasn't growing before the AAI purchase (AAI was growing and hiring), and now they are. This is a great thing for the SWA FO's. The growth potential because of the AAI buyout is HUGE. And don't kid yourselves, SWA wasn't coming into ATL or DCA without the AAI purchase. AAI and DAL locked up ATL with their gate contracts.

Dude have you seen your financials? What growth? Your former ceo talked of growth to please if not gain stock price. Biggest issues being FO's? What about the captain side? Senior capts have bytch alot about culture and how this can be the down fall if SWA doesn't take care of there own first.

I would have upgraded and bided over 50%? What money? This is what I don't understand. Brother even with attrition and no growth, I would retire top 1%. Not crying here though! SWA has the money and job security. Cash is King! On the FO side my quality of life and money are still better than a 4-6 year AT FO. Thats even with your new contract. Put your self in our shoes, what will we gain? Please don't say future growth. This is a moot point.

Geez! This is still going on? What are you guys trying to accomplish? Are you solving our SLI? Who needs the MC's when we have you guys working on it more then them? Keep second guessing GK's decision? Is that part of your culture? Move on. We have a bright future and we need to focus on that.

+2

Get out get laid. :)

You have a great avatar. Other than that, you are clueless. Airtran did have "lower costs than SWA"...but then why, in 2010, did we make 15 times the profit than you guys did, even though we're only 4 times as big. Sounds like even with your lower costs, you're still suckin' hind tit.

One thing you guys need to realize...GK would have payed 1.4 billion to make you disappear...poof - there goes a low-cost competitor (albeit one with limited potential in the long run). And although you like to say you "bring lots to the table", the fact is it was all for sale and it was bought. At a bargain to remove your chess pieces from the board. The great news is you probably get a seat at the table, but trust me, an entitlement attitude never has gone over very well at SWA. And arbitrator or no, GK does have the final say in how this all takes place. And employees that want to be here and are thankful for the opportunity are much more conducive to harmony than the "I gots to get mine cuz the lawman does says I should" banter. Negotiate in good faith with realistic expectations and you will be fine. Negotiate from a "gonna have my cake and eat it too" position and good luck.

Fraternally,
PW

This is exactly how 99.9% of the SWA employee group feels. SPOT ON!

Tranny pilots just hit the lotto. Shame they don't appreciate it.

I have a couple friends at AT. They said all the captains are saying it's going to arbitration. Why? Historical no seat loss?

Of course they want to take it to arbitration. Let them. They won't get what they want and they may not even get what crappy deal the arbitrators give them.

Its a money issue period. It's the whole point of upgrade. The sorry part (One of many parts) about Airtran is their 7-11 year Captains make less then a 7-11 year SWA F/O. You can't hide from the numbers and this will sink there battle ship or maybe it isn't a battle ship more like a 10 foot sail boat.

These guys are so fricking stupid they don't even realize it. LET THEM TAKE IT TO ARBITRATION. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Last edited:
I'm starting to believe Bobbi Dylan is an AT guy riling up his own troops. There's always that type- who don't think their pilots are militant enough...

If you're actually a swa supporter. Please, from WN: shut up. You don't help, you're hurting at this point.

Latest resources

Back