You guys won't believe this!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
340drvr said:
I checked out that website. Their FAQ section didn't say if they provide kneepads and KY.........

When realize they are just as un-marketable as they were when they were 65K richer, the staff hands out the knee-pads and the ky.

Now broke with your new DC-9 type and 0 time in the actual aircraft, you are now ready to face the world.

Last edited:

This is insane. I had some respect for ERAU before I read their webpage about this, now I have none.

Here's my favorite clip from the FAQ page-

Guaranteed Interviews:
AirTran American Eagle Atlantic Coast Airlines
Continental Express Northwest

They don't say anything about a type rating. Also they claim you get 550 hours out of the deal, but you spend 250 hours as 'crewmember/observer'.

I hope this is a big flop.

Scott

I didn't see anything about a type rating either.

It's true, they're guaranteeing the interview with AirTran, ACA, NWA(!!!!), COEX, and Eagle. However, they didn't specify interview for what. Given that all except AirTran have pilots furloughed, I'd say they're guaranteeing the interviews for ramper and aircraft cleaner positions with advice that this is a "shoe-in" temporary deal. MAYBE, internship, but I'm guessing they'd say internship in the article/ad.

In their defense,

this program is being run by an "offshoot" if you will of Riddle. It is not going to be run and managed by the folks that run the current flight dept.

Riddle used to have a CATER department that did part 61/141 training for non degree seeking students off campus. That is who is running this program. CATER by the way failed miserably!! Poor management and poor financial planning. So far 3 students have signed up for CAPT. One (or three) born every minute.

YOU GOT TO BE F#@*^!G KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!

Some jerckoff with 550 hours is going to come to my Airline and expect to pass? Ive seen who passes and who doesnt, good luck. Are training is one of the more difficult. It amazes me the experience levels that dont make in initial. Im tallking multiple types and thousands of hours. Im not saying it is impossable but not a good idea for Mr/Mrs 550 Hours. And with our upgrade running two years I predict he/she will get thier butt handed to them and seat locked in the right seat for while to gain (knowlege,time,experience etc.).

I personaly think some good things in life are learned as a Flight Instructor or flying Boxes in a 210. It teaches a person how not to kill themselves before they have more than just a few lives riding on them.

And NO I dont think 550 Hours is a safe number in anything bigger than a kite vs a FAR 121 Passenger Aircraft.:eek:

I be letting my emotions get the better of me but its pretty dang close.:mad:

Last edited:
When i first went to orientation at riddle for my instructing job, the low time instructors were telling me how the average private student at riddle knows more than an instrudtor at a part 61 program. They were so arrogant that i left in the middle of orientation and decided it was not worth the headache.

Anyone know what the riddle grads are doing now since they can instruct or look for other professional jobs. Remember, how they thought the industry would never fail,...guess what? You better have a degree other than aviation to fall back on.

I would become a nurse if i had to do it all over again.

erau

What a slap in the face to all of you that went there AND paid dues. Demeaning the industry right out from under you. More jobs converted to amusement park rides for pay. I feel sorry for the competent crewmembers that that have to fly with these losers.

I find it hard to believe it's that easy to get your hands on 65K from one of these idiots. They deserve to part with their donation. I've got a great idea, if anyone wants to pay me $600/hr for SIC citation time, pm me.

I'm still trying to visualize that NWA interview they're entitled to @ 125 hrs... can't do it. I hope this isn't going on while a friend of mine on furlough from NWA is in Iraq in a C130 gunship shooting foes. Maybe interviews are being scheduled for after 2009 when he expects to be back if at all.

Latest resources

Back