• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You guys won't believe this!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How the flock do you get a DC-9 type-rating with a wopping 135 hours of flight time under your belt?

Answer: A Santa Clause Checkairman.

Sure, let them pay the money, interview and get the job. In a few weeks they'll have their parents calling the training department, saying its too tough for my son/daughter.... Then they'll fail out of the sim when the instructor throws an engine failure with pitch trim runaway, and asymetrical flap deployment.
I curse their name with every student loan i pay.

DarnNearaJet said:
How the flock do you get a DC-9 type-rating with a wopping 135 hours of flight time under your belt?

Answer: A Santa Clause Checkairman.

They DO seem to congregate and propagate at 142 schools, where ya pays ya money, and ya gets ya ticket.

I guess spell check was inop when most of these posts were written.

Freinds, actually its I before E except after C.

WTF over

I just have to hope there is such a thing as Kharma for these rip-off schemers. How do they sleep at night promoting such an obvious lie. Hopefully before anyone hits the dotted line, they'll do 1/2 hour of research and find that there is no quick way to the airlines. -- and maybe some of the "How do I get around being a CFI" posters will too.

A "3/4 type rating" is just what is sounds - nothing, a money making ploy. I guess it sounds cool to someone who knows nothing about aviation

$65,000!!!!!!! :eek: My first house cost less than that!

2000Flyer

inside news

A friend of a friend told me that the guys who finish up the CAPT course have a "guarenteed" right seat position at Republic Airways.

Or with a DC-9 type these guys are ready to be hired into Air Tran or other companies. Hahahahaha what are they thinking! This is getting absolutely ridiculous!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back