You guys won't believe this!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATRCA

Embry-Riddle is starting a new first officer program smartly dubed "C.A.P.T" Commercial Airline Pilot Training.

Prospective student will be charged $65,000 dollars, that right folks 65 thousand G's. After paying this redicules fee, student will obtain 135 hrs flying time and an MD-90 type. According to the USAir "Consultants" term used loosely, that will be enough to land an airline job in the current economy!!

I guess all the furloughed USAir guys didn't get the memo, none of them have signed up yet??

Just another unscrupulous operator cashing in on the under educated. You can ad Riddle to the list with Gulfstream, Colgan, and all the PFT scammers out there.

Can you imagin a 135 hr pilot showing up to an airline interview and actually getting hired. I think most of our Dispatchers have more time than that. There are also thus far no bridge programs and no Airline partners who have even agreed to take a look at these guys.

What do you guys think? Dont' these guys read the paper?

I could be wrong but I didn't think that 135 hours covered the total time requirements for a commercial certificate. 65 grand is a large chunk of change to drop for training that doesn't even give you a college degree.

Just an understanding...

You get a 4 year degree going to Embry Riddle, Aeronautical Science, plus with the low hours it is because they have just changed over to a part 142 training school, personally I think it is retarted and finished up my flying there before it changed over to part 142. And I wouldnt be suprised if they come out with well over the 135 hours due to they are changing this part 142 program so many times from what I hear. I think its a Daytona Beach thing anyways so if you go to the Prescott campus I dont think they will be offering it considering we only have the 727 Level D sims there for our LOFT training, not for types. DAB has all the nifty toys..

Typical of a big institution like this. The only people benefitting from a deal like this is Riddle. Rake in lots of cash. Just like the other places out there (Pan Am, etc.) advertising for 0 time to regional airline first officer in 10 months. B.S.! It would be really refreshing to see big flight schools tell the honest truth to prospective pilots/students and that is that times are tough and there are no guarantees of fancy jet jobs waiting at the end of 10 months of pilot training. Might actually have to work as a flight instructor for 5 years before anything really happens.

I have not heard anything about this program, it sounds typical of something Daytona Beach would do if it holds true. I didn't get the "Riddle Run Around" when i was there, even though I have 1 more semester left, but no more flying, I am sure there will be some interesting news when i get back to campus for the fall....

OH YEAH, well you can get a "3/4 type rating" in a CRJ at UND, so take that, look out airlines...... sounds about 3/4's as dumb as paying 65 K for an MD-90 type.. oh well

Chrplt,

No article to source, I live in DAB and have freinds at Riddle, thats my source. The program is starting next month, however the venue has yet to be determined. The place is operating in Daytona at the moment, however St. Augustine has been looked at also. At any rate, ist total BS and a collosal waste of money.

How can a 135 hr pilot get hired anywhere. This is an ab-intio program. These students will have 135 hrs TOTAL time. There is a group of USAirways pilots who are being well paid to "consult." Apparently these guys are the driving force behind whats happening.

Latest resources

Back