You guys won't believe this!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pitttle

WOW talk about making a profit, back last December i spoke to some who was in the process of getting the program off the ground , back then they were looking at charging $35k for this.

At that price you would be better of to travel down to miami try some of the other programs , i heared of one flying a shorts for $18k, Then another one to go to the 727 200 for around $24k if they higher you then you can make back all but $9k, with 200 hours of jet.

i'll just keep ploding along at my normal pace, heck who is in a hurry to go to work any way???????:rolleyes:

FLB717 said:
YOU GOT TO BE F#@*^!G KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!

Some jerckoff with 550 hours is going to come to my Airline and expect to pass? Ive seen who passes and who doesnt, good luck. Are training is one of the more difficult. It amazes me the experience levels that dont make in initial. Im tallking multiple types and thousands of hours. Im not saying it is impossable but not a good idea for Mr/Mrs 550 Hours. And with our upgrade running two years I predict he/she will get thier butt handed to them and seat locked in the right seat for while to gain (knowlege,time,experience etc.).

I personaly think some good things in life are learned as a Flight Instructor or flying Boxes in a 210. It teaches a person how not to kill themselves before they have more than just a few lives riding on them.

And NO I dont think 550 Hours is a safe number in anything bigger than a kite vs a FAR 121 Passenger Aircraft.:eek:

I be letting my emotions get the better of me but its pretty dang close.:mad:

What's the matter? you passed.

Did you let your kid write all that?

I am sorry but that was a truly pathetic post.

IMHO.

Fly Safe!!

Last edited:
Great news...

Now bin ladens "air farce" won't have to mess with the skyhawks and seminole. Now they can go straight to the airliners. Think of all the time savings. They will be able to hi-jack airplanes that much quicker. It is really too bad that they don't offer a deal with something bigger like a 767 or 747. Oh well give it a little time I am sure riddle will do it before too long.

Re: ......

sstearns2 said:
This is insane. I had some respect for ERAU before I read their webpage about this, now I have none.

Here's my favorite clip from the FAQ page-

Guaranteed Interviews:
AirTran American Eagle Atlantic Coast Airlines
Continental Express Northwest

They don't say anything about a type rating. Also they claim you get 550 hours out of the deal, but you spend 250 hours as 'crewmember/observer'.

I hope this is a big flop.

Scott

How in the world can anyone guarantee an interview with Continental Express right now? They have over 300 on furlough. What is it, an interview date for sometime in 2007? An interview for a ramper position? It could be 2 more years before COEX interviews for pilot positions again. (Could be more, could be less)

I can't believe how shameless some of these flight academies can be! Anything to make a buck I guess.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back