• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard a rumor that XOJet doesn't like airline guys. Does anyone know if this is true or not? My guess is it came from some airline guy that either got turned down or never even got an interview. I would love to finally be based at home (DEN) and am hoping being an "airline guy" won't disqualify me. The airline world sucks!! Would love a better way of life!

I heard a rumor that XOJet doesn't like airline guys.

I don't know where this rumor has come from, but you're not the only one that has heard it. You're probably right though, we probably didn't hire some guy who happened to have an airline background, and he's blaming it on that aspect alone. If his attitude was that we should hire him because of his worldly experience, then I am certain he DIDN'T get an offer.

It simply is NOT true. We have several guys with mostly/only airline backgrounds. Most are from the regional side of things, but 1 just retired from America West and 1 retired from United after a 40-year career there. Draw your own conclusions.

I think that came up before, something about hiring some airline guys (regionals) who left within a year for a major and they were stuck with the bill on the type ratings (I don't think an X type is very cheap).

Maybe rumor, maybe fact, but Netjets hires plenty of airline guys, especially coming out of the majors. If you're leaving a major for a fractional/corporate gig, odds are you're doing it for a quality of life change and won't be going back to the airlines anytime soon...

Oh yeah...those guys! We had a handful of ex ACA/Indy guys come over a couple of years ago that, after just a few months on the job, decided they weren't happy with the 135 lifestyle and decided to go help start Skybus. (WTF is right!) As long as you're genuine in your desire to leave the 121 world, which seems to be easy to understand these days, there shouldn't be a problem.

Oh yeah...those guys! We had a handful of ex ACA/Indy guys come over a couple of years ago that, after just a few months on the job, decided they weren't happy with the 135 lifestyle and decided to go help start Skybus. (WTF is right!) As long as you're genuine in your desire to leave the 121 world, which seems to be easy to understand these days, there shouldn't be a problem.

Hey t-bone,

I know that XOJet operates a few random Beech Premier Jets and King Air 350s (the vast majority of the fleet currently is Citation Xs). What's the likelihood that a newhire could get a slot on a Premier Jet vs. the X?

How much longer will XOJet operate the Premiers and King Airs? Are those specific aircraft just managed for their owners or also available for charter to the public?

Happy holidays.

J-Rod,

We've got 1 Premier and 2 King Air 350s. I don't know what the plan is for those airplanes, and the company doesn't really seem to know either. The premier especially has been in limbo for months. One meeting they'll decide to get rid of it, the next meeting they decide they want to keep it around. The guys flying the premier love it, they're home almost every night!

As for getting hired into either of those types...I highly doubt it. Those airplanes are well staffed, and with the uncertainty of their future, hiring into them just doesn't make any sense. That 350 is a nice airplane though! That's a good gig to have.

How in the world do you infer that because we used 20 crews on a single day to keep our 15 airplanes flying that 20 crews is all we have??? Where in that previous statement did I mention how many crews were at home watching football or mowing the lawn while those 15 airplanes were flying? Did I say anything that would lead anyone but yourself to believe that we didn't have a single pilot enjoying a day off on that particular day?

I could give you an accurate pilots/airplane answer, but I'm almost positive you'll find a way to take my statement out of context. So what's the point?

wow... try meditation.

I think meditation or therapy would work...someone seems to be wound up a bit too tight! relax, gain a little self-confidence.

I think meditation or therapy would work...someone seems to be wound up a bit too tight! relax, gain a little self-confidence.

You resurrected a thread from 6 months ago to add that??? Thanks for the advice. I'll think about it, and get back to you...in 6 months.

Latest resources

Back