• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A buddy of mine that works there said Segul let some people go. "trimming the fat" He didnt say anything about pilots, so maybe that is what they heard. He said they will start interviewing the first of the year. Good luck.

Posted on the Frac board in a similar thread. Should calm people down just a tad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus
Problems or furloughs. I heard from a really good friend over there that they are giving guys the boot. I hate to see pilots losing jobs. Say it is not so

This is the reply from X-rated, a pilot at XO. (Hope you don't mind me taking it over here X-rated):

It's not so. No pilots will lose their jobs. In fact, we are still growing at an alarming pace.

A few office staff were trimmed due to over hiring and excess infrastructure. No pilots or flight operations folks were or will be affected. XOJET is incredibly well positioned with a ton of cash in the bank and billions in equity financing. We are in very good shape to face the poor economy.

Last edited:
It was 12 positions that were eliminated, all of which were administrative positions. As already mentioned, Seigel is "very pleased" with the operational side of the house, pilots/maintenance/SOC and "would rather have 12 extra pilots sitting around than 12 extra guys sitting at desks."

Pilots laid off

AIN announced yesterday that XO Jet laid off 20 pilots. Does anyone have any insight into what is going on there? It's hard to imagine how this company could be doing well in such a down economy trying to take on all of those new airplanes. I've heard their flight revenue is down almost 50%. Any insights?

Latest resources

Back