• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That does, thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

I don't think I know anyone there at the moment though. I heard about it from word of mouth from a buddy of mine I used to fly with at Pinnacle and he was applying and had heard about it in a similar way.

I imagine interviews are probably done for December with the holidays just a couple weeks away anyway...

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas / Happy Hannukah / Kwanza / whatever... :)

on the website it says the mins for PIC are 3500tt. Would that be the same for someone is hired as an FO looking to upgrade. I only have about 2100 tt and was wondering if the total time would hold me back from upgrading.

on the website it says the mins for PIC are 3500tt. Would that be the same for someone is hired as an FO looking to upgrade. I only have about 2100 tt and was wondering if the total time would hold me back from upgrading.

yes it will. 3500 are PIC minimums, whether you're a new hire or an upgrade. And having 3500 hours at your date of hire does not in anyway imply you're hired as a street captain.

In my opinion, it's not technical enough. Know your airplane, know 135 regs (if you haven't been flying 135, you wont' be expected to know them), think about challenging situations in the past (maintenance, weather, CRM, passengers, etc) and how you dealt with them and what you would have done differently or what you learned from it. Be prepared to brief an approach or departure. And of course, be prepared to answer the question "why should xojet hire you?"

That's the meat and potatoes of the process. You'll meet with 4-5 different pairs of interviewers, each lasting 20-30 minutes. Starts at 0900 and you should be done shortly after lunch.

Good luck!

Hi!

So it sounds like there's no sim check and no written tests?

Thanx!

cliff
YIP

Has anyone without an internal recommendation had an intervie within the last 4 months? If so, how long did it take from the time you applied until XOJet contacted you?

I sent in an application sometime in Nov. along with an internal LOR---haven’t heard a thing. On a good note, my buddy who works there can’t say enough good things about the pilot group and the management.

Hang in there guys. The head of pilot recruitment is having pretty major surgery tomorrow, so you won't be hearing much for the next couple of weeks.

Trust me, the hiring will continue. We used 20 crews the other day to keep our 15 airplanes moving. With 2 more deliveries expected before Christmas, we're going to have a difficult time staffing them for much more than 14 hours per day.

sounds promising. thanks for all the info tbone. although not having an interal rec i am going with the glass half full attitude. thanks again for the advice.

Latest resources

Back