• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody hear anything from XOJet lately? How's the hiring going? Just curious if that's still on hold. My resume is probably a ways from the top, but I'm still updating and crossing my fingers :)

Just got through hiring for the rest of the year. More to come next year.

as an airline guy i am trying to find out the next possible move for myself, and i was curious because i am 135 retarded do you guys have dispatchers? i read somewhere that all the flight planning, catering, hotels, fueling, etc. is all on the pic. is that true?

Last edited:
as an airline guy i am trying to find out the next possible move for myself, and i was curious because i am 135 retarded do you guys have dispatchers? i read somewhere that all the flight planning, catering, hotels, fueling, etc. is all on the pic. is that true?

Rest assured, our job has gotten much easier over the past few years. We use Honeywell/GDC flight planning service, and while we still have the option to get online or pick up the phone to file our flight plans, we are moving towards a Dispatch group that pushes the plans to us. Catering and hotels have never been the crews' responsibility, we have a team in San Carlos that is dedicated to pax/crew needs. Fuel research used to be on the crew, but that has now been taken over by our Fuel Team, who does all the research and negotiating for best fuel prices and methods of payment. This information is in our paperwork, so that we can make educated decisions on where and how much to buy. We have EFB's on all of our airplanes, so the hours spent updating papercharts has been cut down to updating enroute charts...a single subscription.

We are continusously trying to improve our procedures, so we may try something for awhile, and if it doesn't work, we'll admit that and go back to what we were doing before.

Anything else?

Rest assured, our job has gotten much easier over the past few years. We use Honeywell/GDC flight planning service, and while we still have the option to get online or pick up the phone to file our flight plans, we are moving towards a Dispatch group that will push the plans to us. Catering and hotels have never been the crews' responsibility, we have a team in San Carlos that is dedicated to pax/crew needs. Fuel research used to be on the crew, but that has now been taken over by our Fuel Team, who does all the research and negotiating for best fuel prices and methods of payment. This information is in our paperwork, so that we can make educated decisions on where and how much to buy. We have EFB's on all of our airplanes, so the hours spent updating papercharts has been cut down to updating enroute charts...a single subscription.

We are continusously trying to improve our procedures, so we may try something for awhile, and if it doesn't work, we'll admit that and go back to what we were doing before.

Anything else?

Hi!

T-bone: Thanx 4 the info!

It is very, very difficult to find out much information about XOJet, because there are so few pilots at the company. There are a lot of potential employees who are interested, so your contributions are greatly appreciated.

cliff
GRB

I bet the stack of applications at XOJet is well over 10,000.

Not including the recent furloughs at many carriers...

:(

Thanks for the info, T-Bone, sounds like a great operation that just keeps getting better...

but then again,,,t-bone has no other experience to base his answers on.....some 135 carriers, the pilots do have to take care of the many tasks involved, but for the most part, 135 operators have dispatch very similar to the airlines.

Last edited:
but then again,,,t-bone has no other experience to base his answers on

I don't? So all those hours flying around in the king airs with flightplan.com flightplans sitting next to me or having to call the FSS or use DUATS was just a bad dream? Trying to stay warm inside the same king air while trying to get some rest because my company wouldn't get me a day room didn't really happen? Fending for myself for crew meals was just a figment of my imagination? Wow, thanks for bringing me back to reality. What else did I miss while I was out?

Last edited:
Hell, H2O, guess you must be living the "cushy life".

I'm in the 135 world again, and I take care of everything on my own... still... just like 12+ years ago...

I don't know of very many 135 ops that take care of everything for you. Unless it's gas, where they have someone who gets the cheapest price as their ONLY job, or hotels, where someone else is picking the cheapest, crap hotel to save the company money.

Other than that, pretty much, 135 you're on your own.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back