• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xna-lax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everytime the word "scab" is used in an incorrect manner it cheapens the term's application in it's gravest context, a withdrawal of service. Please stop.

General Lee -

Without getting into a huge debate over the terms of our Letter 3/ APA's Supplement W their are things done over there that are borderline criminal.

First off for the rational of the ScAAb term I think it really does fit the events for this reason. The APA "high command" decidied all by itself to "alter" the terms of their Supplement W with AMR and not include the Eagle MEC in the talks with AMR Management. This in itself violates our 4 party agreement with the flow-through. The Letter 3/Supplement W was a four party agreement between American Air/AMR Eagle/APA/Eagle ALPA.

So in summary they are ScAAbs since they "tried" to steal our jobs by negotiating with AMR and not including Eagle ALPA in the discussions. Another back door deal that is soooo typical for AMR senior managment that stinks like Enron.

I have no problem (zero issues) with the flow-up/flow-down letter/supplement (current issue not APA's TA), however since we only have about 450 Eagle Capts with AA numbers on this side of the fence than ONLY 450 AA people sould come back down to Eagle. Not the 2500 pilots that APA has tried to convince AMR they should get to come back. Now can you see the real issue we are facing here. I think the term fits. They are "trying" to take our work from us without approval from our union leadership and under the current terms of our contract. That right there is the definition of a scab.

resistance said:
That right there is the definition of a scab.

While I appreciate the info you provided about AA, I can't agree about the definition of a scab. A scab is a *&n#&^( `*$#, etc, s.o.b. who takes a job from a striking worker. If you guys strike and the AA furloughees cross your line, then and only then will they be scabs.

regards,
8N

BTW, I do strongly disagree with what is happening to you. I think ALPA owes you a refund.

Resistance,

COEX is having the same problem. Many of their flow downs have never flown at COEX, and they even banned the flow up procedure before 9-11, and then allowed the flow down anyways after 9-11.

I wish this "flow-up/flow-down" issue was dead. However the mainline boys think that RJ pilots don't have the talent to fly the big iron. Plus they want there military friends to start in the high paying jobs (Airbus,MD-80,757 etc..). So here we are two class social system that we fight like cats and dogs. That's fine I can live by that but would life for all of us (121 pilots) be easier if we flew for our carrier we all on the same level? If I flew Continental Passengers then I was a Continental Pilot. (Insert United,NWA,USAir etc...) We are all at fault for letting this "farming out" of our jobs via American Connection, Continental Connection, MESA, Trans States, whatever... This just lets management continue to divide and conquer our jobs and profession. The only fix I see is that if you fly a United passenge you should be a United pilot. (insert any airline into the line)

Resistance,

I think the "RJ boys" are flying the big iron---I saw one of those Mesa CRJ-900's yesterday and thought America West had an MD-80. That thing was very long. Also, some of those RJ pilots did go up to the majors and flew the mainline aircraft in the flow up. But, these troubled times have forced some to flow back. As long as there is an equal amount flowing forward and back, I have no problem with it. But, AA furloughing 2500 more down and COEX recieving more flow downs and not allowing additional flow ups after this is over is wrong I believe.

Latest resources

Back