• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xna-lax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pilots may win but the passengers will lose - I can't imagine sitting on that thing for more than 2 hours. The overhead bins couldn't be smaller. Way to go AA - great to know you have the passengers' comfort in mind!

AA isn't the only company with passenger comfort in mind, not. Try MSP-JAX,MSP-RIC, or MSP-ORF. All these are current Airlink(Pinnacle) routes. These routes are all 50 or 44 seat routes. I'm gald I sit up front.

The main reason AA Eagle is starting that route is for the business passenger flying to the Wallmart headquarters in Bentonville (part of XNA---Fayettville, Bentonville, and Rodgers). I don't think AA could sustain an MD80 on the route, and it is smart business. If the route becomes more popular, I am sure AA will put something larger on it. This is what RJ's are supposed to do---start new markets and hopefully expand the routes for mainline eventually. I think it is a good idea. (And, I believe the furloughed AA pilots will eventually be flying the CRJ70's anyways)

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;) :p :rolleyes:

I think I'd take the direct flight on the RJ any day over connecting through Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, or anywhere else.

Besides, from the passenger perspective, the seat comfort ranks somewhere behind getting there somewhere in the vicinity of on time...

General Lee said:
The main reason AA Eagle is starting that route is for the busines (And, I believe the furloughed AA pilots will eventually be flying the CRJ70's anyways)

Bye Bye--General Lee:cooL

scAAbs.....

Paco,

Why are they ScAAbs? You guys had a flow up (That wasn't exactly fair), and now they are flowing down. The same thing is happening at COEX, but they actually stopped the flow up before 9-11, and now they are flowing down after the fact. It was a crappy deal on your part, but the Eagle guys signed a 16 year (or whatever) contract and agreed to the flow up/down. That does suck. Why again are they scabs?

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Hey General Lee isn't there some Comair/ASA issue that is waiting for your reply. You don't have a clue what is going on over at AMR and your imput is really not warrented here because we all know it will turn around into a Delta/Comair/ASA/RAPA round-about.

I will agree with you on the matter of the intent of the RJ's which is to breakground on new routes and if profitable put larger A/C's on the route. Also I will agree that getting a direct route to a destination is much less stressful than connecting in a major hub.

xna-lax

resistance

General Lee speaks the truth. Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't make him wrong.

resistance,

Jeez, I always thought this was an open forum that allowed everyone to state their views or opinions. I have many friends who hate it over at Eagle and they tell me about it often. I like the part of your response telling me to stay out of it, but then you agree with me on several other points. Ummmm, ok.

And to Yaks, thanks for your support.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back