Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT sends planes to Mexico minus pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GuppyKiller said:
I can't wait till CAL caves on scope so I can fly the 170 and hopefully 190 into IAH.

wow......is this guy for real? i hope not......are there really @$#$#@ like him out there?

Last edited:
Missing The Point

1. Why is the XR more marketable? It's good for the longer-range but light passenger load city parings that won't support a 70 seater or a 737. That's the main point...it has other small advantages, but the big one in the eyes of CEOs is that.

2. As far as operating for CAL is concerned, XJT's costs are CHEAPER than CHQ's by about $250 per block hour. The difference is that XJT makes the standard 10% profit margin that has always kind of been an industry standard while CHQ gets a boner at agreeing to 1% - 3%. XJT wasn't willing to work for free because we respect ourselves and what we do. CHQ was willing to, so the end price tag to CAL makes CHQ a little cheaper. I think there is a word for that. Oh yeah...Whores.

justthewife said:
My point with this post was to simply clarify that the LRs going to Mexico is not a bad thing, and to hopefully balance the "doom and gloom" that is so prevalent.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but perhaps you could explain how losing airframes is ever "not a bad thing." Unless you are the owner of the company and you are making money regardless of who is flying the aircraft. As far as the pilot group is concerned, losing airframes is a BAD thing. Convince me otherwise!

i agree continental to should allow 70 seaters and 90 that way us at mesa can utilize our planes more efficiently with other carriers. I mean every other major is excepting them and soon will continental airlines. Its only a matter of time before they want higher wages or something and management will get them on property. Long live the CRJ 900!!!!

ASH said:
Sorry to bust your bubble on this one chief. CHQ was far from the lowest bidder. Their were three (3) companies that submitted bids at a more cost effective rate than CHQ. Continental was very clear that economics were important, but they have come to expect quality ( like you folks at Express) and continued to want nothing less, hence CHQ, as we have a proven track record of giving a great product at a fair price. Bottom line CAL wants to diversify. It was bound to happen, so let's not riff between CHQ and Express. All of us probably would have gone to the other had they called us first, it's all chance guys.

This I agree

but one question,

Just out of curiousity, then why is Delta putting your flying up for bid?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but perhaps you could explain how losing airframes is ever "not a bad thing." Unless you are the owner of the company and you are making money regardless of who is flying the aircraft. As far as the pilot group is concerned, losing airframes is a BAD thing. Convince me otherwise!

Dirk--if that is indeed your name---think about it this way. The LRs are not the most competative for securing new contracts for XJT, but XJT still has to pay the leases. So, they find a home for some or most of these LRs, which also pays for their leases and brings in a small profit, which allows the company to exercise options on more XRs, which are more competative, and with which XJT is more likely to secure more outside contracts. That's why losing the airframes is not bad.

I can't believe I have to spell this out for some of you, though... it's all just knee-jerk reaction "the sky is falling" and "the bird flu is going to kill us" around here. :rolleyes:

yeah I am sure Expressjet rampers and gate agents will load the aircraft....

Tell Express magmt. to tell continental to load CHQ. planes!!!

Latest resources

Back