Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT sends planes to Mexico minus pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DNKT:

It may be true that nobody wants the average 50 seater. But the XRs are not average. If you don't know the differences and why they have potential in the 50-seat market, then I'm not going to waste my time trying to educate you...especially since you don't work at XJT and there's no point for you to even know about it.... but thanks for perpetuating the flight-info mantra and unfounded myth that "there's no market for the 50 seaters." Nice to see you're well-read on this topic (sarcasm detector on)

Last edited:
First of all, real classy posting what someone said blah blah blah. Go sell crazy someplace else....

And even though it may be true this is a good ting for us at XJT. Why bother trying to place the aircraft in the US with the cut-throat 50 seat market. We can/may have found a way to generate revenue with the airframes out side of the US. This will result in NO furloughs, and the rest of the aircraft, the XR's, are a much more marketable tool. We'll be just fine, but thanks for your concern. Now eveyone else go back to your btoom feeding and dooming and glooming.

justthewife said:
DNKT:

It may be true that nobody wants the average 50 seater. But the XRs are not average. If you don't know the differences and why they have potential in the 50-seat market, then I'm not going to waste my time trying to educate you...especially since you don't work at XJT and there's no point for you to even know about it.... but thanks for perpetuating the flight-info mantra and unfounded myth that "there's no market for the 50 seaters." Nice to see you're well-read on this topic (sarcasm detector on)

For the uneducated, whats the difference between an "average" 50 seater and a "above average" 50 seater? Wait, I got it you have winglets...right?(sarcasm detector on)

XR's are NO different than LR's. The still only carry 50 people in a crapmed compartment. You've got a belly tank and more thrust, but you can only go as fast as ATC lets you.

I hope that this is just a rumor because it can't be good for Express

Hey justthewife I do work at XJT. I just flew the XR from RIC-IAH on my last leg. I don't need you to educate me on the XR, I have plenty of time in it. Bottom line is that it's still a 50 seater regardless of what it can do. Im glad that your one of the people that thinks we are going to be just fine. I sure hope we are, but it doesn't take a scientist to see what's going on at our company. I hope we find a home for the aircraft but it's not going to happen. Were to expensive because we provide a good service. It's all about the mighty dollar in the industry. The cheapest bidder gets the deal and thats why CHQ is taking our flying. Wake up and smell the coffee.

DNKT: No, it's not necessarily the "cheapest bidder" who gets the flying. What about the concept of "diversification" and Continental not wanting all its feed coming from one source?

I didn't realize you worked at XJT based on your profile, so I apologize for obviously offending you by my insinuating you didn't know the differences between the XR and the LR. Mea culpa/prostite.

My point with this post was to simply clarify that the LRs going to Mexico is not a bad thing, and to hopefully balance the "doom and gloom" that is so prevalent.

My question to you, though, is why are you still at XJT if you are so pessimistic about the future?

dnkt said:
Hey justthewife I do work at XJT. I just flew the XR from RIC-IAH on my last leg. I don't need you to educate me on the XR, I have plenty of time in it. Bottom line is that it's still a 50 seater regardless of what it can do. Im glad that your one of the people that thinks we are going to be just fine. I sure hope we are, but it doesn't take a scientist to see what's going on at our company. I hope we find a home for the aircraft but it's not going to happen. Were to expensive because we provide a good service. It's all about the mighty dollar in the industry. The cheapest bidder gets the deal and thats why CHQ is taking our flying. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Sorry to bust your bubble on this one chief. CHQ was far from the lowest bidder. Their were three (3) companies that submitted bids at a more cost effective rate than CHQ. Continental was very clear that economics were important, but they have come to expect quality ( like you folks at Express) and continued to want nothing less, hence CHQ, as we have a proven track record of giving a great product at a fair price. Bottom line CAL wants to diversify. It was bound to happen, so let's not riff between CHQ and Express. All of us probably would have gone to the other had they called us first, it's all chance guys.

ASH said:
Sorry to bust your bubble on this one chief. CHQ was far from the lowest bidder. Their were three (3) companies that submitted bids at a more cost effective rate than CHQ. Continental was very clear that economics were important, but they have come to expect quality ( like you folks at Express) and continued to want nothing less, hence CHQ, as we have a proven track record of giving a great product at a fair price. Bottom line CAL wants to diversify. It was bound to happen, so let's not riff between CHQ and Express. All of us probably would have gone to the other had they called us first, it's all chance guys.

WRONG!!!!! You got the deal because you were allowed to staff the oeration out of your current domiciles and MX bases in IND, SDF, and CMH. You are not required to provide any infastructure what so ever. So just milk of the teet of everyone else. :puke:

Dont know if your a flamer, but there is no way in hell outside of CAL filing bankruptcy that we are giving up on scope. Company has already asked and we have collectively told them to go shove it. And im politely telling you the same. Let me guess you dont have the balls to say the same thing in a CAL cockpit on your commute. Its me attitudes like yours that has brought this profession down and there are still a few of us that care about the future to fight for what is right. Dont worry though, we may go on strike in the future and you can go and show your true colors and cross our picket lines. Good luck on your career and I hope you forever get stuck in the right seat of a E170. I wonder if you are the same jerk on the employee bus in MCO a couple of months ago spouting off the same crap and embarrasing yourself. Matter of fact if that is you on your avatar, it is. Thank god you are wearing your hat, it hides the circumcision scars on your forehead.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back