XJ to get 17 CRJ200's from 9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:

Agenda Item 16: (Single Carrier Status): The MEC directs the NWA MEC Chairman to use all appropriate resources in coordination and conjunction with the ALPA Leadership at Mesaba and Compass Airlines to petition for Single Carrier Status for NWA, Mesaba, and Compass with the National Mediation Board (NMB) at the most strategically appropriate time, and that the NWA MEC Chairman will report back to the MEC on the progress of the discussions and coordination with the Mesaba Leadership and Compass Leadership (when it exists) relative to the petition by no later than the 4Q (December) 2007 MEC meeting. Deferred until 4Q 2007 Meeting

Heyas Occam,

Do you know the specifics why this got deferred? Any way we can add some PUSH to make sure this doesn't get buried? Send me a PM...

Nu

All this is saying is that the NWA MEC is filing to bring Compass into ALPA when it comes on line. It has nothing to do with a single seniority list.

I am sorely tempted to let you continue to believe this, but there are innocent readers here.

Single Carrier Status is the notice that the pilot gorups would be combined. It has nothing to do with Compass or Mesaba being represented by ALPA, Einstein...since Mesaba already is! If you can 'splain how a pilot group needs to file to be represented by ALPA when it has been for decades....then have at it!

Sheesh!

(Did you walk to the playground without your helmet on again?)

The key is two words on the first page of your current ALPA contract. Your lawyer knows what they mean. Why don't you write another check so he'll call you and explain what all this means. [Note: May require two checks]

Well, no worries about PCL LOA 21.

Just announced today PCL will start operating 90 seat CRJ's for Delta beginning in November.

They will therefore not suffer a "net loss" of aircraft substantial enough and timely enough to trigger the LOA.

Everybody wins. :)

If you think 9E will be flying the 900's for Delta, you're nuts. They will go to Colgan.

The announcement stated the aircraft were going to Pinnacle Corp, not specifically to Pinnacle airlines.

The fact thay 9E does not have a 90 seat rate only makes this even more obvious.

Better give in on your contract in order to get the airplanes!

The only time that mainline has ever cared about it's regional partners is when they finally realized they were a threat.

Why would they be a "threat"? Are you suggesting that our Airlink brothers (that's them, singing We Are The World, and rappin' 'bout "solidarity!") would willingly fly mainline-sized aircraft at less than the rates at the mainline?

Are you saying I need to stop you from doing something bad...or you will?

This isn't a move out of solidarity, it's out of self preservation.

How would you categorize the motive that forces you to take my job for less? Is that this "solidarity" thingy you mention...or is it the "self-preservation" thingy?

You want me to change the Scope in my contract so that you won't be tempted to fly 100-seaters for $50/hr? You expect me to expand my Scope to prevent your fellow regional pilots (and soon-to-be regional pilots) from taking your flying?

If so, give me an estimate on the cost to mainline pilots to get those Scope goodies for you.

I assure you, they aren't free.

And at the bottom of your estimate, repeat the theme that you're a threat to my job...cuz that's the path to true fraternal solidarity.

You guys wanting a single list is like me telling my wife to swat cookies out of my hand before I eat them.

Got a better analogy? That one just made me run to the kitchen and grab a handful of cookies. Mmmm...cookies!

You know that given your own devices you'll sell your souls to keep your jobs,

Which, if I understand you correctly, you would do to take my job! ("Mr. Faust, a 'Mr. Spartacus' to see you.")

but with a single seniority list you might not be tempted to do so.

I gather the temptation is real. Ergo, you'd undercut the job you aspire to...to get the job you aspire to.

I suppose you're also authorized to kill yourself if necessary, Col. Flagg?

Please don't try to make your MEC's effort out to be anything more than it is.....a failed attempt to handle a situation that they lost control of years ago.

My MEC is still reeling from the hammer-blows of the past few years. Their focus has largely been to stop the bleeding before deciding if this is a good time to get pregnant. At this point it's about priorities. As harsh as it may sound to you, your "wants" at this point are lower on my MEC's priority list than my "needs".

I'm encouraged that my MEC is considering a Single Carrier Status petition to the NMB/DoL, but I don't see full integration until the Airlinks are willing to help with the heavy-lifting. After talking to your MEC Chairman about it, I think he is.

Are you...or are your still a threat to me unless I do things the way you want them done?

You need to gain solidarity on your own property before you can effectively unify other groups into your "situation".

Thanks for the lecture. If I tell you my group can't get solidiarity with all the "threats" around us right now...would you understand, and refuse to fly any aircraft at MSA unless it paid at rate derived from the mainline pay formula (lift, range, speed)? You are 100% in control of that! Why haven't you done that yet?

Once your top guys start looking out for your junior guys, I'll believe you might have a sincere interest in looking out for your regionals.

What do our "junior" guys have to fear? Is there a threat out there? Someone itching to do their jobs for less?

Prithy, whom?

Occam's Razor,

I have seen your "legacy" payrates. You fly the same schedules Mesaba pilots do. It's not too much of a stretch to say that the DC-9 pilots are now the highest paid commuter pilots. Except they fly an airplane that isn't made in Canada or Brazil. Let's all be clear. The regional pilots do not want to do your job for a nickle less than you already do it.

If you think 9E will be flying the 900's for Delta, you're nuts. They will go to Colgan.

The announcement stated the aircraft were going to Pinnacle Corp, not specifically to Pinnacle airlines.
Wrong, genius.

Pinnacle Airlines Corp. Announces New Partnership With Delta Air Lines
Monday April 30, 8:00 am ET
MEMPHIS, TN--(MARKET WIRE)--Apr 30, 2007 -- Pinnacle Airlines Corp. (NasdaqGM:PNCL - News) ("Pinnacle") announced today that it has entered into a new capacity purchase agreement with Delta Air Lines to operate 16 CRJ-900 aircraft as a Delta Connection carrier. Pinnacle currently expects that the aircraft will be operated by its wholly owned regional jet subsidiary, Pinnacle Airlines, Inc.
Note... the holding company, Pinnacle Airlines Corp is specifically referenced at the very beginning as the source of the announcement.

Note... at the END of the paragraph, it states who they are going to. Here's the tricky part,,, I know it's a stretch, but try to follow me here:

NOT the holding company, NOT Pinnacle Corp, but Pinnacle AIRLINES, Inc.

Additionally, Colgan doesn't have any jets (note above "wholly owned regional jet subsidiary").

They're going to -9E.

You might do some research before you open your mouth and disperse any doubts about your stupidity.

The fact thay 9E does not have a 90 seat rate only makes this even more obvious.
See above, Einstein.

Better give in on your contract in order to get the airplanes!
Again, not too swift on the uptake, are ya'?

I've been at AirTran for over a year now...

BRILLIANT! :rolleyes:

Lear, he's been trollin' and he caught a lunker . . .

pay lear no attention. He is compensating for having to fly with younger captains and an unsatisfied wife.

Not that it means much, but they did elude to the fact that it will be Pinnacle Airlines, Inc and not Colgan flying these birds in ground school today...

Take that for what it's worth.. ;)

Latest resources

Back