• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets see...

The whole Welcome Back Kotter cast on set during rehersal
Lindsay Wagner and Steve Austin (Lee Majors) at the studio as well
Glenn Campbell
Burt Reynolds
Sally Field
The truck driver from Smokey and the Bandit (forget his name.. long time ago)
Super Dave
Went to High School with Mariah Carey
Billy Joel numerous times
The "Donald"
Calvin Klien
Flew Martha Stewart numerous times and gave her lessons in an A-36. I thought she was cool. Dogs were a mess though, but fun. She still owes me Letterman tix! (When Letterman had a waiting list)
Bill Cosby
John Travolta (Who hasnt in this biz)
Ollie North, picked him up at hotel to drive to FBO, nice guy, first name basis. We had crossed over RR tracks on way back to FXE. 5 mins later a train rammed a fuel tanker stuck on tracks. 6 cars to each side of tracks incinerated instanly. Scary.
Mike Fox
Nancy Karrigan sp? - Ice Skater hit in the knee by Tonya. Flew in King Air 200. Seemed nice. Companion was smokin hot.
Steven King - flew him up to BGR a few times out of JFK coming off the SST, same king air. Nice guy, but a bit of a slob. Signed "The Green Mile" for my step-mom's Bday.
Faith Hill - FRG Million Air
John Glenn - IAD Sig. wanted him to sign my flight bag, but he looked in a rush, so didnt approach.. oh well.
Sen Al Damato - FRG Million Air
Conan OBrien- sat in his chair on set and stood on his star where he does his monologue's, kinda neat. small desk
Rosie ODonnel - also sat in her chair on set. bigger desk
some cast members of SNL when Lucy Lu was hosting during rehersal. Dont remember all their names.
Flew Dave Chappelle - didnt get to meet him. heard he was a blast from FA
The CEO of Trim Spa - wore the same beige trench as he did on American Choppers or i wouldnt have recognized him. FA said was bit of a snob.
Played "Summer Nights" from Grease on Harry Connick Jr's piano he used in the studio to record an Xmas album IIRC. Summer Nights is all i knew...lol
And since he is a sports figure - Pat Terrel NY Jets Safety, but everyone at ACA pretty much met him. ATA too. Super nice guy.
Oh.. and LT as well... went to a Church Charity dinner in Jersey long time ago when he was still playing for Giants, he was host. Also super nice guy from what i remember.

An old friend did some of the flights for Elian Gonzalez sp? - the kid from Cuba controversy. I wasnt anywhere near it, but thought it kinda neat to share.

Thats all i can think of so far...

Dad was in entertainment industry, thats how i got on sets. Is that cheating?

fun thread...

Last edited:
EagleRJ said:
Richard Kiel also played the physical role of Darth Vader. I wonder if he can really hold someone a foot off the ground by their neck? That might have come in handy if another passenger had gotten out of hand!

No he didn't, some english guy palyed Darth Vader.

David Prowse (English Bodybuilder) played Vader in the first three movies. Hayden Christensen played Vader in Episode III (the last movie). James Earl Jones was the voice of Vader in all the movies.

Don't run into too many celebs flying aerial surveying, but I did meet Morgan Freeman in TCL one day. Nice guy, sounds just like he does in the movies.

Also ran into Bobby Bowden a couple of years ago at an FBO. It was the week before the FSU-Miami game and I asked if his place kicker had been practicing... He just laughed and said "good one!" and wished me luck. I think they lost the game wide right that year.

Also met Chris Bice, the tower manager at OLV. He was featured in the book "Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer" by Warren St. John (a great read by the way, not just about Bama football but a great insightful look at all sports fans in general). Chris used to drive from Greenville, SC to Tuscaloosa every home game and make it back for his Sunday evening shift at the tower. He's since taken the manager's position at Olive Branch so he is closer to Tuscaloosa.

This has nothing to do with the airport but I met Bart Starr at a Back Yard Burgers as a kid in Birmingham. Super nice guy, he let me try on his Super Bowl I MVP ring. Talk about cool!

Last edited:
Carol Channing.
That's about the best you'll get on a Saab.

Had Florida Senator Bob Graham ride in the jumpseat from TLH to TPA... Must have been 2001.

The junior senator from New York and everyone's favorite lady, Hillary Clinton multiple times from DCA to ALB.

Paulie Shore (did I spell that first name right?) from STL-SGF in 1999. I think he was on some mind altering substance... He looked rough!

John Cougar Melloncamp from CLT-HXD a few times.

cmrflyer said:
No he didn't, some english guy palyed Darth Vader.

You, sir, are correct...David Prowse played him in all 3 original movies (James Earl Jones was the voice)

Latest resources

Back