• Watchers 84

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
habubuaza said:
George W Bush (prior to becoming President)
If you don't mind me asking, what did you think of him? When I was working line in 2000, he got off his campaign plane and was walking into the terminal and saw me and another line guy standing about 80 feet away 90 degrees to his direction of travel. Without missing a beat, he changed direction, came over to us, squared us up in the eye and shook both of ours hands. I was impressed and knew no democrat would ever do that except for Bill Clinton. I'm not a fan of W's policies, nor did I vote for him, but he is a stand-up guy, a gentleman, and I don't think he has forgotten the manners his mother tried to teach him.

Nice avatar Wyatt!!!

HawkerF/O said:
If you don't mind me asking, what did you think of him? When I was working line in 2000, he got off his campaign plane and was walking into the terminal and saw me and another line guy standing about 80 feet away 90 degrees to his direction of travel. Without missing a beat, he changed direction, came over to us, squared us up in the eye and shook both of ours hands. I was impressed and knew no democrat would ever do that except for Bill Clinton. I'm not a fan of W's policies, nor did I vote for him, but he is a stand-up guy, a gentleman, and I don't think he has forgotten the manners his mother tried to teach him.

If I may interject, every anecdote I have heard about the man (and there are many) indicate that he is a friendly, outgoing decent man who genuinely likes and cares about people. It burns me when his detractors try to portray him as some evil clueless idiot who is intent on pushing his dark agenda on the world. There is plenty room to disagree with his policies and to argue whether or not he is a lousy President. His real crime in the eyes of many is that he is a Conservative who puts his principles above politics; that doesn't make him a bad person in the real scheme of things.

Sorry to inject politics into this thread, and I'm not trying to start an argument with Bush haters. I just couldn't resist putting my two cents worth here.

HawkerF/O said:

I saw him at a speech I guess it was summer or spring in 2000 near TPA. He was a decent guy and seemed to enjoy the crowd. Seemed very straight forward and comfortable.

Pres Ford (many times into and outta PSP)
Pres Carter (to MSO)
Jerry Rice
Lawrence Taylor
Leonard Nimoy
Jim Kelly
John Kascich
Sonny Bono (many times)
Mary Bono (44th district Rep)
Vin Scully (nice guy)
Reggie Jackson
more golfer than you can hit when you swing a dead cat in a room
my parents...........that's a check ride