• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wow, Delta's Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But let me be clear on something here. As a regional pilot I am bitter and see the big picture as I am on the crappy end of this system our mainline pilots have given us. But as someone who wants to be a future mainline pilot, I would love to get hired on at any of the majors including Delta but would voice my concern over what is right and wrong to my unions leaders to change the system.

oh yeah....everything wrong in your career path is a mainline pilots fault.

Got it!!

Cheers XJ

Such animosity;)
Sensitive feelers out there when one dares throw a wrench in the last generation's superiority complex.

No, I don't like those that sit on their arse and wait around-

But if you think that defines most regional pilots, you're out of your mind-

Let me ask you- Is it not fair to protest against this level of outsourcing? Where large jets are now flying major market to major market doing what used to be done in your dc9's?

Is that not a fair thing to object to?

Can you not see how limited hiring has been in the last decade of tripled RJ's? And can you put yourself in those shoes, and realize that with so few jobs to be had- almost none at legacies, that there might be a whole lot of really ambitious pilots doing everything right, and everything they can- who won't have opportunities- and now instead of sacrificing for a 3-6 years, your new system of extensive outsourcing is requiring that they sacrifice 8-15. And that decisions to go to the majors at 42 instead of 32 are much different, in terms of having a life?
You know what would make me a do^chebag? If I got to southwest, started making great coin and just forgot about all my people back at the regionals- if I stayed quiet about how bad this level of outsourcing has gotten. How deep the divisions have grown even within legacies.

The difference is, I don't view myself above the RJ pilot bc I flew turboprops 10 legs a day on min rest- bc guess what- ever see the city pairs the smaller RJ's fly out of OHare?
They're the same ones turboprops used to fly

You guys defending your vote is amazing

I voted no. What else do you have?

Bill Lumberg,

I am still waiting. What percentage, or how many pilots on DAL list have birthdates after 1975? What do you think your probability of being hired at DAL is if you were born after '75?

Bill Lumberg,

I am still waiting. What percentage, or how many pilots on DAL list have birthdates after 1975? What do you think your probability of being hired at DAL is if you were born after '75?

I'm not Bill, but I'll give that one a shot. DL has learned not to hire all pilots around the same age (as they did in the 80's) because that means they all retire at the same time (like upcoming later this decade). There were guys in my class that were 47 years old, and they are now almost at mandatory retirements age. They want to spread out the retirements, not keep then in bunches. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm not Bill, but I'll give that one a shot. DL has learned not to hire all pilots around the same age (as they did in the 80's) because that means they all retire at the same time (like upcoming later this decade). There were guys in my class that were 47 years old, and they are now almost at mandatory retirements age. They want to spread out the retirements, not keep then in bunches. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Huh, toolio? Seriously doubt they care about hiring ages as it relates to "mass retirements" 30 years from now. :laugh: :smash::rolleyes::nuts:

Every generation complains about the "new generation". It is always the same when I was a kid.... These kids are lazy, dumb........ He'll there is at least one country song I can think of off the top of my head about the subject.

"We never complained." What?!?!? I have never met a pilot that didn't whine constantly. That is like a radial engine if it isn't leaking oil it is out of oil. If a pilot isn't complaining he is dead.

What's the difference between a pilot and a turbine engine? The turbine engine stops whining when it gets to the gate.

Your point is spot on, I know a lot of really good people from all generations. I thinks it's a safe bet that the pilots on here that feel the need to refer to older pilots with all kinds of disparaging names clearly have issues with Fathers, bosses or whatever. No matter what generation you are, the generation before you wasn't perfect, but they contributed much to what you have. Every generation made mistakes and every generation has done some good, sort of a 3 steps forward one step back deal. The senior pilots today had deregulation and free for all competition dumped on their laps at the beginning of their career and government sanctioned stealing of their pensions at the end of it.
During that time they managed to secure huge improvements the way junior or furloughed pilots are treated.

If only we acted and were able to treat each other as "professionals" on here, imagine the possibilities.

If only we acted and were able to treat each other as "professionals" on here, imagine the possibilities.

F you....:D. (Kidding). Enjoy the WE and dont forget to pray for the General's safety during his layover in Nigeria.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back