• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wow, Delta's Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bill, give us a recommendation, should SWA outsource to an RJ or turboprop outfit so we can get to 400 destinations?

Seriously, this country needs to deal that there really isn't 400 cities deserving jet type service.

Exactly what I thought of Bill Lumberg's complete NON-answer. So in his response, we should just outsource everything that Delta can't do, or can't do profitably. That's an awesome business model.

The funny thing is, he acts like Delta flies to 400 domestic destinations....when they really don't!

Wow.

You're not the most observant guy in the world are you. The post Puff responded to was from XJHawk. From the content of his posts it's pretty clear that he NEVER did any of the stuff I listed. Just sits in his fancy jet at FL350 watching the autopilot and FMS fly for hundreds of miles. And still WHINES incessantly about how his job sucks and he deserves to be flying for a major/legacy.

Last I read your stuff you seem to be happy at SWA and not whining about some legacy owing you a job.

Apparently it's YOU that doesn't see the difference. Try to keep up will ya...

PS. It was 10 legs a day without an autopilot, ******************************bag... 8? That's what you do at SWA right?

Last edited:
Such animosity;)
Sensitive feelers out there when one dares throw a wrench in the last generation's superiority complex.

No, I don't like those that sit on their arse and wait around-

But if you think that defines most regional pilots, you're out of your mind-

Let me ask you- Is it not fair to protest against this level of outsourcing? Where large jets are now flying major market to major market doing what used to be done in your dc9's?

Is that not a fair thing to object to?

Can you not see how limited hiring has been in the last decade of tripled RJ's? And can you put yourself in those shoes, and realize that with so few jobs to be had- almost none at legacies, that there might be a whole lot of really ambitious pilots doing everything right, and everything they can- who won't have opportunities- and now instead of sacrificing for a 3-6 years, your new system of extensive outsourcing is requiring that they sacrifice 8-15. And that decisions to go to the majors at 42 instead of 32 are much different, in terms of having a life?
You know what would make me a do^chebag? If I got to southwest, started making great coin and just forgot about all my people back at the regionals- if I stayed quiet about how bad this level of outsourcing has gotten. How deep the divisions have grown even within legacies.

The difference is, I don't view myself above the RJ pilot bc I flew turboprops 10 legs a day on min rest- bc guess what- ever see the city pairs the smaller RJ's fly out of OHare?
They're the same ones turboprops used to fly

You guys defending your vote is amazing

Last edited:
Such animosity;)
Sensitive feelers out there when one dares throw a wrench in the last generation's superiority complex.

No, I don't like those that sit on their arse and wait around-

But if you think that defines most regional pilots, you're out of your mind-

Let me ask you- Is it not fair to protest against this level of outsourcing? Where large jets are now flying major market to major market doing what used to be done in your dc9's?

Is that not a fair thing to object to?

Can you not see how limited hiring has been in the last decade of tripled RJ's? And can you put yourself in those shoes, and realize that with so few jobs to be had- almost none at legacies, that there might be a whole lot of really ambitious pilots doing everything right, and everything they can- who won't have opportunities- and now instead of sacrificing for a 3-6 years, your new system of extensive outsourcing is requiring that they sacrifice 8-15. And that decisions to go to the majors at 42 instead of 32 are much different, in terms of having a life?
You know what would make me a do^chebag? If I got to southwest, started making great coin and just forgot about all my people back at the regionals- if I stayed quiet about how bad this level of outsourcing has gotten. How deep the divisions have grown even within legacies.

The difference is, I don't view myself above the RJ pilot bc I flew turboprops 10 legs a day on min rest- bc guess what- ever see the city pairs the smaller RJ's fly out of OHare?
They're the same ones turboprops used to fly

You guys defending your vote is amazing

Wave, there is a lot here that you don't seem to comprehend. First off, many of those routes that used to be "DC9" routes, went to RJs, but now will go back to 717s. 88 717s are coming. Next, this last contract got rid of 140 total 50 seaters, IN WRITING. Sure, some may think they were going away anyway, but 315 of them had hard leases through 2015. Now, 140 fewer RJs will be flying, the larger RJs will fill in for the smaller ones at the smaller cities, and the 717s will recapture many of those old DC9 routes. THAT'S GOOD. You fail to recognize that, again and again. You can't just dump all your feed, and some cities can't support a 717. This is hub and spoke, not point to point which your airline mainly does. Someday, I hope you'll figure this out. Good luck Wavey!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Every generation complains about the "new generation". It is always the same when I was a kid.... These kids are lazy, dumb........ He'll there is at least one country song I can think of off the top of my head about the subject.

"We never complained." What?!?!? I have never met a pilot that didn't whine constantly. That is like a radial engine if it isn't leaking oil it is out of oil. If a pilot isn't complaining he is dead.

True enough twisted- generational war is usually a boring conversation - but in this age boomers have absolutely declared war on everyone but them. Took and took from the ww2 vets- gladly- and instead of building on that legacy, have spent their lives dismantling it. JMO- and I'll adjust and be fine- but not everyone will and I certainly don't have to withhold criticism so well earned. Leeches.

GL- I understand your excuses just fine, I disagree- you understand that concept? Disagreement. Delta is playing chess and you apes are playing checkers badly.

It would have been better for you to keep your 50 seaters and see if the economics would allow them to stick around versus trading more "economically viable" 90 seaters for them-

Not a big leap from crj900's to CRJ 1000's- and not a big leap from 1000's to C-series. Which is basically a 717-
When will dalpa stop outsourcing? As long as delta takes their time you've shown nothing but a propensity to keep on letting them outsource bigger and bigger-

You missed a golden opportunity last year and you're seriously dumb if you don't know that

True enough twisted- generational war is usually a boring conversation - but in this age boomers have absolutely declared war on everyone but them. Took and took from the ww2 vets- gladly- and instead of building on that legacy, have spent their lives dismantling it. JMO- and I'll adjust and be fine- but not everyone will and I certainly don't have to withhold criticism so well earned. Leeches.

GL- I understand your excuses just fine, I disagree- you understand that concept? Disagreement. Delta is playing chess and you apes are playing checkers badly.

It would have been better for you to keep your 50 seaters and see if the economics would allow them to stick around versus trading more "economically viable" 90 seaters for them-

Not a big leap from crj900's to CRJ 1000's- and not a big leap from 1000's to C-series. Which is basically a 717-
When will dalpa stop outsourcing? As long as delta takes their time you've shown nothing but a propensity to keep on letting them outsource bigger and bigger-

You missed a golden opportunity last year and you're seriously dumb if you don't know that

Obsess much?

Uhhhhhh, the seat limit remains at 76 seats wave, and those are still restricted, along with 70 seaters, and large turboprops. They are all limited. 70 extra 76 seaters were allowed so manufacturer would take back 210 50 seaters, meaning 140 fewer total RJs. That's good. Then add 88 717s. That's fantastic.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Obsess much?

Don't need to obsess to get the bulge on tub's like dalpa pilots.

Good profits. You're going to share that with your domestic pilots you keep off your seniority list, I bet? Right?

Latest resources

Back