Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would SKYW inc trade ASA PBS and dumping ALPA for 1 list?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've flown the 200 and 700/900. No reason we should NOT have dual qual.

Tell your ALPA reps then. I'm for it, as I suppose most ASA pilots are.

It's only the super senior crowd that is against it... most of the others realize it's something that might be holding us back.

Still, regardless of dual qualification, with as many spare airplanes as we having sitting around, we should be a shoe-in for the bid, one would think.

Tell your ALPA reps then. I'm for it, as I suppose most ASA pilots are.

It's only the super senior crowd that is against it... most of the others realize it's something that might be holding us back.

Another BOLD FACED ALPA lie! ALPA made it a "safety" issue during the last negotiations....You know that as you are on the inside...I have been calling for dual qual. for years...only to be told how "dangerous" it is, and that I didn't understand because I was on the ATR.

I don't see the big deal about dual qual....I'd could do my next roundtrip in an ATR for that matter....

The ALPA reps. already know this, and the natives are growing restless...Newie and gang better get going on keeping us competitive, especially considering how bad the PNCL TA appears to be.....

Another BOLD FACED ALPA lie! ALPA made it a "safety" issue during the last negotiations....You know that as you are on the inside...I have been calling for dual qual. for years...only to be told how "dangerous" it is, and that I didn't understand because I was on the ATR.

I don't see the big deal about dual qual....I'd could do my next roundtrip in an ATR for that matter....
That's because you are an Aviation genius. We have alot of pilots who can't consistently pass check rides on one airplane, much less 2.

The ALPA reps. already know this, and the natives are growing restless...Newie and gang better get going on keeping us competitive, especially considering how bad the PNCL TA appears to be.....

You have an agenda. It has nothing do with dual qual. The natives are restless??? hahaha The natives are always restless.

You have an agenda. It has nothing do with dual qual. The natives are restless??? hahaha The natives are always restless.

Everyone has an agenda. I have one and you have one....What is my agenda? I have seen quite a few ALPA "true believers" start to have doubts...

Dual qual isn't my favorite of ideas, but if the pinnicle TA is as bad as I hear, and it passes, it's suddenly going to look a whole lot better to me, along with PBS, unfortunately. If anyone thinks we're not going to have to change our status quo to compete with pinnicle, you're sadly mistaken. Frankly, this is going to impact us all.........

I think it's funny how you obviously have me confused with somebody else, yet I continue to get you worked up. All I did on the last contract was to vote in favor of it.

Last time in negotiations, for part of it we had 2 bases, one with exclusively 700 flying, and one with 80% 200 and 20% 700 flying. That to me is a safety issue, especially if you were SLC based (RIP) and expected to fly a 200 after not flying one for months.

Now with one big base, and a spread of 66% 200s and 33% 700/900s, it's less of an issue. Everybody would have a reasonable chance of keeping current in each airplane.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that dual qual and PBS will be the company's major issues in negotiations. Since it appears the union is already being flexible on PBS, why not dual qual too?

Last edited:
Dual qual isn't my favorite of ideas, but if the pinnicle TA is as bad as I hear, and it passes, it's suddenly going to look a whole lot better to me, along with PBS, unfortunately. If anyone thinks we're not going to have to change our status quo to compete with pinnicle, you're sadly mistaken. Frankly, this is going to impact us all.........

You're absolutely correct. I have no big desire for PBS. Twice this year, I have been able to extend 1 week of vacation into 5 weeks. However, we have to compete in this environment....PBS and dual qual. are two ways to do this....The "intel" from the PNCL TA is that is was rushed because of a new RFP...It may be the new DAL LGA flying...

Latest resources

Back