Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would SKYW inc trade ASA PBS and dumping ALPA for 1 list?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was indeed. Everything else was settled a couple of months ago. They finished up scope back then, and suddenly the company decided that dual qual was a major concern for them, even though they had never brought it up before. They bickered over the minutiae of dual qual for all this time, and finally came to a reasonable compromise.

So PCL settled for less than ASA a few months ago....Got it....So much for "taking it back" and the Messiah fixing all that is wrong....I'm not surprised, but I know quite a few ALPA cheerleaders that are shaking their heads in dis-belief now.

PCL_128 said:
Most of the work rules were TA'd way back when I was still on the MEC. We TA'd the scheduling section in early '07, still two years before we would finally be rid of Shrub. As far as pay, it really isn't that far off from ASA rates, from what I hear.

The ASA contract was also negotiated during BUSH...How is that an excuse for PCL? Why isn't the pay at least ASA? The sad thing is, you will continue to blame Skywest for all of our ills....while PCL and MESA undercut everyone...They wear an ALPA pin so it is OK for them...

PCL_128 said:
The Obama NMB is doing a great job, actually. Unfortunately, you can't undo what was done while Shrub was still running things.

I see a PCL contract negotiated with an Obama NMB that undercuts an ASA contract negotiated with a Bush NMB...then I see an ALPA cheerleader blame everything on Bush and Skywest....

Wow, you truly are a sky GOD! All that experience and yet, still stuck at ASA?
I bet you could sue 60,000 ALPA members a the wave of a simple wand!
You go girl!

I can't get the "wind check" part down...and I'm really confused about when to ask how long the final is...I guess I'm just not mainline material....

I hear some Delta pilots actually fly military airplanes in addition to their big airliner....How do they do that so safely...They must be really good....Us regional guys can only hope to half as good someday...

I can't get the "wind check" part down...and I'm really confused about when to ask how long the final is...I guess I'm just not mainline material....

And yet you sued to try to get it anyway! Go figure!
Besides, with your questionable background, that's why you are stuck at ASA. But then again, you're on the same black list as the 1983 hires at Continental!

I hear some Delta pilots actually fly military airplanes in addition to their big airliner....How do they do that so safely...They must be really good....Us regional guys can only hope to half as good someday...

Hope in one hand and sh!t in the other Joe, let us all know which one gets filled first!

Last edited:
So PCL settled for less than ASA a few months ago....Got it....So much for "taking it back" and the Messiah fixing all that is wrong....I'm not surprised, but I know quite a few ALPA cheerleaders that are shaking their heads in dis-belief now.

I'm certainly not "shaking my head in dis-belief," but I am somewhat disappointed. I think they could have done better with more MEC oversight of the entire process, but that's just my opinion.

I see a PCL contract negotiated with an Obama NMB that undercuts an ASA contract negotiated with a Bush NMB...then I see an ALPA cheerleader blame everything on Bush and Skywest....

PCL negotiated their contract almost completely during the Bush years. ASA was negotiating from a much better starting point, without needing to fix so many work rules. Again, PCL had to fix something as basic as block-or-better, while you guys could focus more on details.

As far as Skywest, I haven't blamed Skywest for anything. My criticism of Skywest isn't that they drag down the industry, but that they get all of the benefits that unionized carriers negotiate without contributing a dime to the cause. I could never say that they drag anything down, because quite frankly, Jerry is so petrified of having ALPA on the Skywest property that he gives them good pay and work rules just to prevent it.

I'm certainly not "shaking my head in dis-belief," but I am somewhat disappointed. I think they could have done better with more MEC oversight of the entire process, but that's just my opinion.

I'm not at all surprised or disappointed...It is what I expected. There is pressure on all of us DCI carriers to get costs down...It was a factor in this TA.

PCL_128 said:
PCL negotiated their contract almost completely during the Bush years. ASA was negotiating from a much better starting point, without needing to fix so many work rules. Again, PCL had to fix something as basic as block-or-better, while you guys could focus more on details.

That's what ALPA and the NMB told us in 1998....I know the speech...It didn't stop us from moving forward two steps rather than one...without a release...Using your logic, PCL and Mesa will always be cheaper operators than ASA....Why should we then support any further pricing ourselves out of jobs, while fellow "union" carriers are more "cost competitive" and pose a risk to our jobs...

PCL_128 said:
As far as Skywest, I haven't blamed Skywest for anything. My criticism of Skywest isn't that they drag down the industry, but that they get all of the benefits that unionized carriers negotiate without contributing a dime to the cause. I could never say that they drag anything down, because quite frankly, Jerry is so petrified of having ALPA on the Skywest property that he gives them good pay and work rules just to prevent it.

So what is the incentive for Skywest to unionize? According to you, they get milk without buying the cow...If they buy the cow, they may not get all the milk....That doesn't seem like a great sales pitch to me....

So what is the incentive for Skywest to unionize? According to you, they get milk without buying the cow...If they buy the cow, they may not get all the milk....That doesn't seem like a great sales pitch to me....

Speaking of cows, how is LJ these days?:laugh:
You two make the perfect couple! You almost look like the number 10 when you stand next to each other!
Rather funny watching you squirm with all the DCI cutbacks.
Also rather funny how you and the girls didn't file a lawsuit when SKYW inc bought you!?

There is pressure on all of us DCI carriers to get costs down...It was a factor in this TA.

Not really.

So what is the incentive for Skywest to unionize?

I'm not repeating it for the thousandth time, Joey. You know what the reasons are.

I'm not repeating it for the thousandth time, Joey. You know what the reasons are.

What are the reasons for THEM? They may not get as good a deal as they do now, and it will cost them 1.95% for the "privilege" of joining...Again, not a very good sales pitch...Especially when comrade Rez. blames them for all of the ills....

Latest resources

Back