Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taters

Was flying from ORD to LNK the other night on Air pissconsin ,

"..Uhhh good...good evening ladied and gentlemen, ..umm.......were gonna be flying at flight level 240...I mean.. um 24000, feet,,,,,,,,,,,,,umm,,looks like there wont be any bumps so dont worry about that.....uh,.. it should take about an hour......an hour to get to Omaha...........I mean , I mean Lincoln.".......( didnt realize he was still on)....."God D#mmitt that sucked"..( The Cap - " oh no you'll be fine ").... "Oh Cra"....( Fo finaly figures it out)

Cabin laughing..snikering...etc..

No joke, CA did the rest of the PA's ( I didnt realize that FO's do PA's )

FO reminded me of those really sad looking high school kids at McDonalds that are stoned and trying thier damndest to take your order.

Last edited:
taters said:
Was flying from ORD to LNK the other night on Air pissconsin ,

"..Uhhh good...good evening ladied and gentlemen, ..umm.......were gonna be flying at flight level 240...I mean.. um 24000, feet,,,,,,,,,,,,,umm,,looks like there wont be any bumps so dont worry about that.....uh,.. it should take about an hour......an hour to get to Omaha...........I mean , I mean Lincoln.".......( didnt realize he was still on)....."God D#mmitt that sucked"..( The Cap - " oh no you'll be fine ").... "Oh Cra"....( Fo finaly figures it out)

Cabin laughing..snikering...etc..

No joke, CA did the rest of the PA's ( I didnt realize that FO's do PA's )

FO reminded me of those really sad looking high school kids at McDonalds that are stoned and trying thier dangdest to take your order.

I was afraid you were on one of my flights and you were gonna post MY PA announcement. haha. Whats wrong with FOs doing PAs? At our company usually the PNF does the PA

Usually the captains at AWAC do the PA announcements. It's at their discretion if they want the FO to do it. Before I upgraded, some captains had me do the PAs to get a feel for spontaneous thinking while reading the wx packet. Have fun playing airline pilot next Saturday.

How do you know it wasn't someone new, on IOE, and nervous about doing a PA?

Maybe you could do better if you tried. Oh wait, you're a $hittaco ramper, nevermind.

I was at the gate (in my seat) in CVG on a commercial deadhead back to domicile. The pilot gets on the PA and informs everyone of our flight level (yes, flight level), arrival, the weather, and shooting an ILS approach. Aside from me and any other pilot who may have been onboard, nobody really had a clue what this guy was talking about.

My advice: just tell me how late we are, when we are leaving, and how soon we can get there.

Had to be a new Dude!! Cut him some slack!! There's a bunch of stuff going on up there when your new!
You did get where you were going, so no worry's!! He get better!!

Latest resources

Back