• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Pa Announcements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was so nervous the first few times I made PAX announcements. It just takes some practice, and it'll get better. My capt says the same thing everytime, except he changes the wx, destination, Flt time, and FAs name, seems to work well for him. It's like he's got a script with fill in the blanks. It's about getting in a flow, but once you get stuck saying something you didn't want to, that's when the "ummms and ahhs" come out. You let me know the first time you make an annoucement and then tell me how sh!tty it was.

Mine sucked!

My first one was on the ATR with Woody. I gave an announcement to stay seated and keep the seat belts fastened. Cairns Approach said they were seated but didn't have any seat belts and then a Delta guy started to make a few snide comments about the PA as I sent it over the radio instead of the PA. :blush: Cairns got on the radio and said "OK Delta, as if I have never heard you guys do the same thing". No more comments from or Delta freinds after that.

Of course I was very embarrassed (pilots don't make mistakes) and all Woody could do is laugh. He said "well, you got that out of the way, so let the pax hear it this time".

taters said:
Was flying from ORD to LNK the other night on Air pissconsin ,

"..Uhhh good...good evening ladied and gentlemen, ..umm.......were gonna be flying at flight level 240...I mean.. um 24000, feet,,,,,,,,,,,,,umm,,looks like there wont be any bumps so dont worry about that.....uh,.. it should take about an hour......an hour to get to Omaha...........I mean , I mean Lincoln.".......( didnt realize he was still on)....."God D#mmitt that sucked"..( The Cap - " oh no you'll be fine ").... "Oh Cra"....( Fo finaly figures it out)

Cabin laughing..snikering...etc..

No joke, CA did the rest of the PA's ( I didnt realize that FO's do PA's )

FO reminded me of those really sad looking high school kids at McDonalds that are stoned and trying thier dangdest to take your order.

Pretty good bait there taters, but since you called us 'air pissconsin' I'll call your bluff. First, everyone knows that lately we have been renamed "Air Wiscancelleation" because the east coast commute attrition is greater than we are upgrading CA's, and they were jr. mannning us to begin with.

Now, that's BS that one of our FO's flubbed up a PA on the way to LNK. Only SkyWest is doing that run right now you turdwacker. Check United.com.
I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but from what I can figure out, AWAC is not flying to LNK currently.

Hope you get the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator for Christmas.

Hope you get the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator for Christmas.[/quote]

hahahahahahahahaha im sorry..but thats probably one of the best comeback lines ive ever heard.....had to throw it in there....I LIKE IT...thats big league....i wish you could all see how much of a tard i looked like laughing my a$s off at that comment...dont let it phase ya taters..all in good fun here...with that being said...im willing to bet the pax dont give a crap about the PA anouncement as long as they get where theyre goin....just ahunch

Last edited:
On a CRJ they can't hear the PA announcement in flight anyway. So, you can say about whatever you want.

Perfectly annunciated in my best Al Haynes accent.

"Atlanta approach. Chandler 292, one-seven thousand, descending one-four thousand, Erlin2, with whiskey"

5 second pause...........BING BONG .............Yes?

Natalie in the back-- "Umm........the passengers were wondering, What did you say about whiskey? And who is Erlin?"

Check the switch...........DOH!!!!!

THOSE THAT HAVE AND THOSE THAT WILL!!!!

WSurf said:
Had to be a new Dude!! Cut him some slack!! There's a bunch of stuff going on up there when your new!
You did get where you were going, so no worry's!! He get better!!

Couldn't have been all that new, he introduced himself as the captain.

And I did get to where I was going, eventually. :D

Latest resources

Back