• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Pa Announcements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think on of my personal moron monents was...

Please reamain seated until the capt. distinguishes the fasten seat belt sign.

and any one who says they have never made a PA to ATC or vice versa is a liar.

EDUC8-or said:
"I'm going to turn off the seat belt sign so feel free to use the restroom, however I remind you to keep your seat fastened securely around you while seated."

LOL. That reminds be of one I did on OE:

blah blah stuff about turning off the seat belt sign and that they can use the lav..."but if you do remain seated, please keep your seat belt sign securely fastened".

Opps. Funny thing is I start to panic everytime I get to the part about seat belts now.

I also did the PA on ATC's freq on OE. Glad I got two of them out of the way early on.

~wheelsup

Someone should start a "best stuck mic" thread, man I've got some good stories....

i was on an american 757 on tuesday and the FA was telling us about the weather in chicago, our destination, and she read the weather as -13 degrees. she started flipping out, then turned the mic off for a sec. she came back on and was like "Aaaaaah, that would be -13 Celsius, which is 9 Faranheit". i chuckled about that. the other one was the pilots got a new approach freq and they said "128.3" on the PA system. pretty hardcore. i'm surprised the passengers didn't storm the cockpit doors and take those jokers out.

On Capt IOE...

Every single transmission I made, including checking into departure control, was on the PA.

We had 3 jumpseaters.

DOH!

Dangers of thinking about two things at once...

I wasn't there for this, but the guy I was flying with the other day told me about it. After leveling off the capt was making a PA to the effect of 'the seat belt sign is off, but please remain seated.' He came up with "We'd like to invite you to sit back, relax, and spread your legs..." and then he just FROZE when he realized what he'd said. The FA called up to let him know what he'd said, but she was laughing so hard she couldn't get the words out.

sleddriver77 said:
Dangers of thinking about two things at once...

I wasn't there for this, but the guy I was flying with the other day told me about it. After leveling off the capt was making a PA to the effect of 'the seat belt sign is off, but please remain seated.' He came up with "We'd like to invite you to sit back, relax, and spread your legs..." and then he just FROZE when he realized what he'd said. The FA called up to let him know what he'd said, but she was laughing so hard she couldn't get the words out.

I laughed so hard at that one that it almost makes sitting RSV on Xmas for a company who pays you $800 every 2 weeks worth it.

Regarding funny things on the radio, I had a new copilot with me during the beginning of the war in Mar 2003. As we departed Iraq and checked in with Kuwait the controller asked us "how do you read?" My young copilot in a totally serious voice answered "unlike you, I read left to right and top to bottom." It definitely broke the tension and we laughed our asses off. The controller said "say again."

Latest resources

Back