• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst. Airline. Ever (United)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tilton is a slimeball, but what about the BOD and the bankruptcy court that approved him lining his pockets on the deal while his employees got raped? They all need to be held accountable and thrown in jail.

If I were at UAL, I'd be voting for Chicago based Obama and praying for another govt bailout.

I'm just saying...

oh i don't know... maybe the 8 or so lists of small jet providers that can be whipsawed at will... many of whom directly compete on mainline routes...

Don't even get into it with SWA guys on this. They need to be on the LCC board anyway. And we all know the real competition for SWA is Greyhound.

Correct on both points.

SWA does belong on the LCC board and Greyhound is a serious competitor to them. Much more than Shuttle or TED ever was.

oh i don't know... maybe the 8 or so lists of small jet providers that can be whipsawed at will... many of whom directly compete on mainline routes...

Are you talking about the fine RJ pilots who think it's a good idea to cut eachother off at the knees in a race to see who can do it for less?? If so why would we want that mentality on our property

Are you talking about the fine RJ pilots who think it's a good idea to cut eachother off at the knees in a race to see who can do it for less?? If so why would we want that mentality on our property

The only reason they are doing that is to get qualified for the UAL job that no longer exists. They cut themselves off at the knees b/c if they get too strong=- a la comair, awac, aca- their jobs get eliminated- and they have to go sling gear for rookies at the next 'regional'-- and when they get too strong.... the cycle repeats... it's not the pilots undercutting = it's the management's - the responsibility is on you to bring them all in under your own umbrella-- and until you do--- you'll see more paycuts yourself as more and more of those disenfranchised pilots choose to go work for VA and Jblu and definitely SWA... but then again-- aren't you attempting to cut SWA pilots off at the knees w/ your payrates?

"regional" pilots never got a vote in scope. 80-90% want a stable major airline job-- something that scope violations prevent...

The only reason they are doing that is to get qualified for the UAL job that no longer exists. They cut themselves off at the knees b/c if they get too strong=- a la comair, awac, aca- their jobs get eliminated- and they have to go sling gear for rookies at the next 'regional'-- and when they get too strong.... the cycle repeats... it's not the pilots undercutting = it's the management's - the responsibility is on you to bring them all in under your own umbrella-- and until you do--- you'll see more paycuts yourself as more and more of those disenfranchised pilots choose to go work for VA and Jblu and definitely SWA... but then again-- aren't you attempting to cut SWA pilots off at the knees w/ your payrates?

"regional" pilots never got a vote in scope. 80-90% want a stable major airline job-- something that scope violations prevent...

Weak at best.

Weak at best.

I agree, you have been weak. Very, very weak. And you've compromised the pilot profession b/c of it. Scope is everything and don't forget it.

And what are you doing if you're NOT undercutting SWA's rates and work rules? (<-- this is sarcastic flame based on many of our esteemed pilots- the biggest point i have is the importance of scope and how giving away those jobs has affected ALL of us. I don't see how that can be argued anymore... but some have their proverbial heads buried in the 90's)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back