• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst. Airline. Ever (United)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't trying to start a war I was just having a little fun with you guys. Your past hiring practices and Tiltons management "style" have made you an easy target.

I am no fan of United but I should have been a little more respectful.

Gup

I guess I am not BITTER since I turned SWA down! Of course I turned down DAL and NWA as well, so in taking the UAL offer I was a real smart guy!

Never know until 2036 when I must retire at 65, unless that changes too!

At least I got to fly heavy jets to far away places, and if UAL tanks--I will do something else I really don't care about working for XYZ airlines, my job is my job not my life--unlike some of the losers on this board who make video's of themsleves or dye their hair blond and post gay blogs about life at SWA.

Good luck to all!

I wasn't trying to start a war I was just having a little fun with you guys. Your past hiring practices and Tiltons management "style" have made you an easy target.

I am no fan of United but I should have been a little more respectful.

Gup

Forget about it, I guess my stress level is up, imagine that!!

I see you have lots of airline time and experience??? 1750 hours wow..Hope you don't mind if I discount your comments just a bit.

Ah yes, my profile. Well, it is on a public forum where no one really knows anyone....so it's got to be true. Perphaps I can click the mouse a couple of times and make it 100 billion hours. Who's counting anyway?

The day a SW guy could trash a UAL guy for agreeing to sub par pay was definitely the sunset of this profession. By the way, what kind of pension did a Southwest guy retire with in 1989 or better yet 1998? Beyond the selfish realm, can you name me one significant safety enhancement brought forward by the individuals at SWAPA? I know their are countless examples from exemplary people at UAL over time. A lot of the thought in the runway and taxi way markings we see every day came from brains that worked for 'the worst airline ever.' Point is simple, be humble when your own house has nothing better then cr@p on its face...

Don't even get into it with SWA guys on this. They need to be on the LCC board anyway. And we all know the real competition for SWA is Greyhound.

Where is SonnyCrockett or Contrail67 when you need a little positive spin?

Gup

Positive spin? Anything wrong with that? I won't put a positive spin on a stupid article like this one. 1 dorks opinion is all it is.
I am a optomistic person and really don't let an article like this decide my future, or really influence me....its been a great job and I hope it continues to be that...period.

Positive spin? Anything wrong with that? I won't put a positive spin on a stupid article like this one. 1 dorks opinion is all it is.
I am a optomistic person and really don't let an article like this decide my future, or really influence me....its been a great job and I hope it continues to be that...period.

Well put, heres to dumping Glenn.

great job of selling out the junior side of your pilot force-- united has been one of the leaders in outsourcing jobs and furloughing the bottom half--- i hope it's been 'good' to you-- flying is always great-but if the job has truly been good to you, than i believe you've done a lot of damage to this industry in how you've voted. You shouldn't have gone to work the day after the pensions were stolen- and you shouldn't have gone to work after scope violation after scope violation.... but since it didn't affect YOU enough.....

but as far as getting rid of Glenn... i'd run w/ that idea. That would be a good start.... end w/ unifying the group and getting all your pilots on one list.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back