• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN to ground 190 flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO airline is safe these days, including SW!! They're just thinking ahead and making the appropriate cuts for the winter sched. Maybe a little more than in the past, but look at the economy and more is probably needed. You make cuts on current conditions, not compared to years past.

Tejas Jet,

I’ve been living in Dallas for two decades so I’m very familiar with what’s happening over at LUV and SWAPA.

The problem is LUV became too much of a political powerhouse to overcome (especially in Texas). You had both Hutchison and Cornyn in your back pocket.

We tried to stop you guys from screwing the rest of us, but unfortunately for the rest of us, APA was unsuccessful.

The problem with the action, or in some cases inaction, for Age 65 you all took was the adverse effect it has on the rest of the industry. It was completely short sighted and arrogant on SWAPA’s part. We are only now starting to pay the price.

All I can say to all the guys losing their jobs and moving backwards across our profession – is we tried and keep the faith.

AA767AV8TOR

Don't try to blame Age 65 on the likes of SWAPA or Jetblue. We only just standardized what was already the retirement age for the entire world aviation community. Additionally, it wasn't even a close vote in Congress-- IT WAS UNANIMUS!!!!! in favor of change. Since when did Congress vote for anything in that manner? I guess our Congressmen don't read the USA Today for ads taken out by APA...

This thread got real stupid, real fast.

Maybe it's time to delete it.

....that would cause most threads to get deleted.....It would be real quiet here if you deleted all the "stupid".....

Don't try to blame Age 65 on the likes of SWAPA or Jetblue. We only just standardized what was already the retirement age for the entire world aviation community. Additionally, it wasn't even a close vote in Congress-- IT WAS UNANIMUS!!!!! in favor of change. Since when did Congress vote for anything in that manner? I guess our Congressmen don't read the USA Today for ads taken out by APA...

You do realize that at the special voting session Prater arrainged this to be brought forward in it was an up or down vote? If one person voted no it would have failed. Translation: This is a less formal voting session where the big spenders can get things snuck by.

That's how much they cost in places like MDW, BWI, and OAK and that's for a townhouse in this down market

You must be part of the head in the sand BFE Texas group?

Sure the Bay Area is outrageous but you can get more than a townhome for 350-400K if go an hour outside MDW and BWI. If you want to commute you can live just about anywhere in the 350-400K range.

You must be on of those FO's who can't manage his money right.

Last edited:
You must be on of those FO's who can't manage his money right.

Quite the contrary but if you think you can go 60 miles outside those cities and get something that isn't in the hood for less than 350k then you are clearly a Texas head who doesn't get it.

Commuting is stupid.

Quite the contrary but if you think you can go 60 miles outside those cities and get something that isn't in the hood for less than 350k then you are clearly a Texas head who doesn't get it.
Sure what ever. I found several homes near MDW and BWI for under 350K that were excellent value and in good neighborhoods.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Marylan...350122f3d3258b1bb5d72;_ylt=AlGeZyu1RAQ4NDzXmL

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Illinoi...oms=&bathrooms=&type=classified&b=101&ltype=0

Browse thru here.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Illinoi...us=&bedrooms=&bathrooms=&type=classified&b=21

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back