WN to ground 190 flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like a wonderful pilot group.

For the most part it is. However, we do have quite a few people on property who live way, way beyond their means. Capts who live paycheck to paycheck on 22K a month! Thats right 22K a month! Some FO's are bad too, with 350-400K houses, two car payments, kids in private schools, wife doesn't work, etc....... You think these folks are going to vote for their line to be reduced?

We got some folks around here that are in for a big dose of reality.

For the most part it is. However, we do have quite a few people on property who live way, way beyond their means. Capts who live paycheck to paycheck on 22K a month! Thats right 22K a month! Some FO's are bad too, with 350-400K houses, two car payments, kids in private schools, wife doesn't work, etc....... You think these folks are going to vote for their line to be reduced?

We got some folks around here that are in for a big dose of reality.

I don't see them giving up anything. You'll see guys on furlough and pilots picking up tons of over time in the process.

Flop,
Unfortunately an article in yesterday's Dallas morning rag. Said that SWA is reducing fares and that the others were going to have to match. SWA's schedule and fare structure just came out.

Yeah well, it might be a long time down the road, but I think we'll all see this low fares stuff was a mistake. You better hope we're all never paying the same for fuel. It isn't going to be an equal opposite type thing.

I don't see them giving up anything. You'll see guys on furlough and pilots picking up tons of over time in the process.

Won't be much overtime. But yes, the same guys that whore it out right now would pick up as much VJA, DOT, EF as they could even if guys were forloughed. That 1.7 mil house is expensive.:laugh:

Anyway, this is a lot talk with nothing concrete yet. nobody knows sh!t right now so lets leave it at that.

Hey I was agreeing with you on the lower fares.:smash: You mentioned you hoped they would raise fares and that article just came out the other day. But lets talk about fuel hedging yet once again.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I didn't know it was possible to make whine out of sour grapes but AA you have proven me wrong

Wow, someone's true character comes out when they feel criticized. Every other airline has been hammered on this message board and in many of those cases, rightfully so. Now here we have negative news from Southwest and someone posts a negative comment about them and everybody gets their panties in a bundle and rushes to criticize. He actually has a fact, although not so thoughtfully put, Southwest is starting to be negatively affected. I don't remember Southwest cutting 190 flights due to "winter schedule". The "winter schedule" is not the factor for these cuts, it is the terrible domestic market that has crushed the entire airline industry. All you that slammed him for his post are like the big bully that loves to dish it out but can't take it, especially when it is the truth.

First of all people are responding on here defending SWA just like evryone else has responded defending their own airline. I can point you to many a thread were the AA, CAL and UAL guys defended thier airline during times of hardship. I think the most important point people are forgetting about is that we are not grounding airplanes as a rsult of the cutbacks. we utilize our airplanes so well that i am sure with this "reduction" we could give back alot of airplanes to meet our NEW schedulle yet gues what we are grounding ZERO airplanes, just switching out older ones for the -700.

Latest resources

Back