• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA keep the 717s?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I figured this would be the one to come up.....Not even close to the same situation and prior to laws protecting the very scenario you guys beg for. Keep fishin.......

Not even close to the same situation and prior to laws protecting the very scenario you guys beg for. Keep fishin.......

Then why is fragmentation language in their CBA? If there are LAWS to prevent this, then why is this language included in every contract. Its in SWAPA's contract.

The Pam Am guys went with the planes/routes to Delta, right.

What do you mean, not even close? Southwest could dump the 717..... would the Crews go with the planes?

I get the sense that several SWA guys (and Bob Dylan) are gleefully cracking their knuckles and salivating over the thought of furloughs at Guadeloupe and the potential dumping of the bastard fleet type.

You got me all wrong then tankernerd. I don't wish that on anybody, and I hope no trannie pilots lose their jobs.

I do believe that they cannot just expect to get bought out by another, better company, with a better contract, raises, benefits increases, etc and still expect to keep their seniority.

The fairest thing would be a staple with a no furlough clause whereby they start out at the bottom of the SWA list like all their SWAPA brothers and sisters.

If the greedy tranny captains try to hold out for more, then I believe that they could all end up with nothing.

If I were them, I would take a staple, just like Lear70 and the other trannies were begging for before the buyout happened.

It is kinda easy to see what will happen to the 717. There are 90 of them. When they were brand new rolling off the assmebly line they cost something like 17 million dollars. They are almost all leases. They are currently operating just fine and the troubled engines are power by the hour.

While no one (except airtran) ever wanted the 717. When the leases come up (I think they were 15 year leases) I bet some one calls the guy who owns them and says come and get them, or do you want to discount them? I think they will be around till there is a cheaper option to pursue and dumping 90 planes that operate at high load factors just to retain bragging rights as "an all 737" airline is just not gonna happen.

Then why is fragmentation language in their CBA? If there are LAWS to prevent this, then why is this language included in every contract. Its in SWAPA's contract.

The Pam Am guys went with the planes/routes to Delta, right.

What do you mean, not even close? Southwest could dump the 717..... would the Crews go with the planes?

Some of you guys are in such denial over this deal that you're becoming delusional. :rolleyes:

If you don't even have a copy of our contract, then you're not informed enough to discuss the matter.

If you don't even have a copy of our contract, then you're not informed enough to discuss the matter.

You got a copy of ours? :rolleyes: I bet you do. You probably look like this :D when you read SWAPA's contract and like this :eek: or this :cartman: when you read yours.

You got a copy of ours? :rolleyes: I bet you do. You probably look like this :D when you read SWAPA's contract and like this :eek: or this :cartman: when you read yours.

I'm sure that's what you think. :rolleyes:

The pay rates are better, you stay in better hotels, and the health insurance premiums are lower, but it ain't a 1980's legacy contract, that's for sure. . .

In 1986, a narrowbody Capt at UAL made 12,000 a month. That would be $24,000. a month today. . . . And was probably flying a few legs a day and then taking a limo to a downtown hotel for a long layover.

Last edited:
No way SWA keeps the 717 long term. The 717 overhead panel is too advanced for most SWA pilots who prefer a dated 737 overhead panel.

The pay rates are better, you stay in better hotels, and the health insurance premium are lower, but it ain't a 1960's legacy contact, that's for sure.

Thats it? Thats all you see in it? :rolleyes:
Looks like we just took care the skywest problem for you. This aint the 1960s.... (Tranny Tranny WIN/WIN.:crying:).

No way SWA keeps the 717 long term. The 717 overhead panel is too advanced for most SWA pilots who prefer a dated 737 overhead panel.

this is true.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back