• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA keep the 717s?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the 717s are here for a while. We have a bunch of -300s that we are going to have to retire before we think about getting rid of the 717s.

Will SWA keep the 717s?

No. At least not according to the CP's I spoke with yesterday. Apparently SWA's gameplan is changing rapidly. They didn't have a timeline but said it looks like the 717 will go away much sooner than anyone anticipated prior to the DOCC.

Looks like this Fur Ball is just starting to take shape!

:beer:

No. At least not according to the CP's I spoke with yesterday. Apparently SWA's gameplan is changing rapidly. They didn't have a timeline but said it looks like the 717 will go away much sooner than anyone anticipated prior to the DOCC.

Exactly what I said. SWA bought AAI for Atlanta and their 737 order book. They'll drop the 717 like a live grenade. And until the SLI is done, AAI pilots can be furloughed from Guadalupe as the airframes depart.

A de facto staple job, if you will.

They also bought DCA, more LGA slots along with the ATL gates. The revenue generated from that justifies the $1.4 billion. BTW, they also bought the employee parking lot forcing Scope, Lumberg, OYS and the General to find alternate parking arrangements.

Nicely put Fubijaakr.

BTW, they also bought the employee parking lot forcing Scope, Lumberg, OYS and the General to find alternate parking arrangements.

Now THAT'S funny!

For one you don't sell your competition airplanes. It's just a bad idea. .
true, but maybe those planes end up in China as Airbus buys them back, sells them to China and sells SWA an Airbus which will divest it's risk amongst airframe manufacturers.

Latest resources

Back