• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA keep the 717s?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I HIGHLY doubt it. He's probably just stirring the pot, because it's too easy to fire up either side at this point. A lot of the posts on any SWA/AirTran thread are by people not involved or pretending to be the other side's advocate. Sort through the BS, and know that one day we'll all put this behind us and worry about important things in life...like chicks, beer, and the size of the boat you brought to the cocktail cove of your choice. Get along folks. Some of us have 30+ more years of this ******************** together.

A voice in the wilderness!

Now that there is no debt. I'm sure it will be.:cartman:

So we are magically debt-free now huh?

It's a miracle! :rolleyes:

We still have to pay our bills and function as an airline... Financial ops are still separate, just like everything else.

Last edited:
Wow. Must have missed the announcement on the payoff of all the leases and we own them free and clear now, huh? ;)

Keep it up.... I was thinking I should start to be nice to you two.

Don't worry I got my own personal tranny that calls me every other day - to tell me how great this is, and how we got tranny for "so cheap" (then I remind him of the debt we assumed of yours), with some legit questions thrown in there inbetween. He is slowly driving me nuts.

Its probably not fair, but I take it out on you two the most. I figure, you're on flightinfo, you must be tough and can take it. As I can.

Unlike "we are alpa" dude, I think it will be sooner then 1 year.

Its probably not fair, but I take it out on you two the most. I figure, you're on flightinfo, you must be tough and can take it. As I can.
BRING IT! :nuts: lol ;)

Unlike "we are alpa" dude, I think it will be sooner then 1 year.
Hope so... Healthier and happier for all. :beer:

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! :)

Told @ training last week that the 717's are coming at this point. Boeing is the largest holder of AAI debt; they want some $$ for the airplanes and SWA is negotiating heavily (with the leverage of the recent sunroof experience) for controlled costs. Plus Boeing owns the 25 717's parked in AZ and discussions involved to add those to the mix also; again at very attractive leases.

HOWEVER, both 717's, -500's and older 300's are going to retire within the next 5-9 yrs and that presents a problem; 25 x -500's, 130+ -300's and 100+ 717s....lots of replacement aircraft needed from Boeing or other airplane provider. SWA is pressuring/pushing Boeing for a solution; none in sight at this point and that is a concern to SWA leaders.

Confirmed what was said earlier about sims; 1st 717 sim to come 1Q/12 and once on line the next one will get dismantled and come west to join it's brother. Initial estimate is 32 days for 737 AAI pilots and 21 days for 717 AAI pilots at the schoolhouse.

All of the above is subject to change obviously as there is a lot on the plates of those at the training center and GO. AAI operations have many differences than SWA (Autobrake 1...SWA doesn't have that option, SE taxi, etc) operations and some will be looked at for implementation if it makes sense...SWA stopped counting at 650+ differences between AAI 737 operations and SWA operations!!! Hopefully best practices will apply and SWA flight ops is better with any changes.

Still hopeful for a negotiated SLI and looking forward to flying with our newest pilots from AAI. The 5th and 20th of each month will be good reminders of why life got much better as well as utilizing the flexibilty everyday of ELITT, open time bidding and a more freewheeling process of controlling of your own schedule. We don't have 100 schedulers at SWA, we have 5900 and will add 1700 once the dust settles.

Time to honor the memories of those fallen heroes and their families also this weekend....encourage your passengers to do the same thing, the response has always been good from my experience. Cheers,

Price of a pack of wide ruled school paper at wal-mart?

.89 Cents

Price of a arbitrated seniority list pre-single operation certificate?

.89 Cents

Look on 7500 pilots faces when 2 operating certificates never merge due to "SWA Culture" and not a lot of "ONE LUV" going around?

PRICELESS!!!! :bawling: :nuts: Which face will you have?

Latest resources

Back