• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA keep the 717s?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Price of a pack of wide ruled school paper at wal-mart?

.89 Cents

Price of a arbitrated seniority list pre-single operation certificate?

.89 Cents

Look on 7500 pilots faces when 2 operating certificates never merge due to "SWA Culture" and not a lot of "ONE LUV" going around?

PRICELESS!!!! :bawling: :nuts: Which face will you have?

I'm sure the lawyers our unions are paying will cost more than .89 cents if it goes to arbitration. Not to mention hotel/food costs for the MC's. The deal is done, I'm only looking for positive solutions.

Chase,

21 days? Is that just for indoc? That seems like a serious overkill and a waste of resources, (from training costs to lost productivity from idle flight crews). The 737 folks I can understand due to a lot of operational differences, but the 717, I imagine, would continue to operate satus quo post SOC.

I'd think a week to ten days would be plenty of time to cover company policies/ops differences....my humble opinion anyway.

I think the valmorification for the 717 will be a rewrite of FOM to align with SWA 737FOM and only keep the 717 specific variences.

While it may be cheaper to leave the 717 stuff alone, long term, one airline needs one way to operate.

Look at it this way, a three or four week paid vaction to DAL.

I think the valmorification for the 717 will be a rewrite of FOM to align with SWA 737FOM and only keep the 717 specific variences.

While it may be cheaper to leave the 717 stuff alone, long term, one airline needs one way to operate.

Look at it this way, a three or four week paid vaction to DAL.

Looking forward to it. Like most I just want to gitr done and move on. Now that this deal is closed I don't care how AAI did it. It is time to do it LUV's way. You certainly won't hear the words "but we did it this way at my last airline" come out of my mouth.

HVDRIVER,

The point is that the list is only worth the paper it's written on if we never go to one operating certificate. That list never happens if we don't! How much are the AAI guys willing to gamble that the SLI List may never happen if it harms SWA pilots and how much is SWA willing to cave if it harms SWA pilots or somehow (not sure how) would harm AAI pilots. That list never has to be implemented.

Last edited:
27 man hit the nail on the head. Thx for being humble. You will notice 99% of the swa dudes are the same.

I agree with the above statements 100%. Tell me what you want me to do and I will make it happen:)

Looking forward to my paid vacation in Big D. Love that town.

HVDRIVER,

The point is that the list is only worth the paper it's written on if we never go to one operating certificate. That list never happens if we don't! How much are the AAI guys willing to gamble that the SLI List may never happen if it harms SWA pilots and how much is SWA willing to cave if it harms SWA pilots or somehow (not sure how) would harm AAI pilots. That list never has to be implemented.

Well the Merger Commitee's better get it right then! My gut keeps telling me they will too. AirTran is about to become a brief chapter in the history of US airlines. Had some good times and look forward to many more with SWA.

Latest resources

Back