Why no bases at Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Air Chef-

Hey bud, take a breath. I really don't have a problem with the senior pilots at Flex. Most are awesome. I was suprised at the way many senior guys just don't seem to care about having a say in their destiny. It is my observation. The guy who adamantly argued that the Lear 85 should be on a lower scale than the 300 .... well, those were his words. I used that as an example, a bit extreme for sure, of the mentality that I have witnessed.

As for bases, you've never heard me talk about that. I did not apply to Flex until they opened a base in my home town. That was the deciding factor for me. But, I am willing to work towards getting more bases for the people that want them. It won't help me, but I want other pilots to have the ability to move. Especially if it helps the company save money.

If my comments came off as divisive, then I retract that post.

I really think we are all on the same team. Lets work together, collectively, with management, and improve some things. "Best of the best" and all that ............

You and I agree on the in house thing. Doesn't have to be big, but it could certainly model NJ. They seem to have a good handle on how to work it.

Thanks.

The base thing is pretty silly, that could vastly improve many individuals QOL without costing any money.

I think the saddest part is the Flex pilots having to work 208 days a year to make what the NJ & CS pilots make in 184 days. That puts Flex a distant third in that category - just ahead of FLOPS. If/when FLOPS gets their contract done - Flex will be #4 out of the big 4. "Best in Class"..............................................
AMEN!!!!!!!!

Many at Flex sold out on a focused pay rasie this last year. Anyone who has been here for any amount of time knew that would be the end of any improvements. I hope that we all understand how things work now and we will be more successful the next time around. As far as the 85 goes, there isn't much a difference between Lear and Challenger captain pay by the time someone gets to the seniority for the 85. You are splitting hairs. This last raise the company threw money at new hires and captains at 5 years or less. You all took the bait and now unfortunately have to live with your decisions. A few month ago I got my yearly raise. It was net $50.00 a check. Time keeps ticking and this is now what you have to look forward to. Good job.

Yeah some people were definitely blinded by the pay raise. but we still lag way behind in QOL issues. I would agree that I the teamsters may not be right for us, and an in house union is a better idea. It works for SWA, why not us too? Plus a lot of the naysayers were against "giving money to the mob" or "being in the same union as our competition." but whatever, with an in house we are totally in charge But then the question is, how do we do it, and who has the balls to take the charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
But then the question is, how do we do it, and who has the balls to take the charge?

No one has the balls.

Well, I keep hearing that another big raise is coming next year (larger than the last one). Sorry to be this way fellas but, if it comes down to a handful of people living where they want or ALL of us getting a large raise, I take the raise. Our group is so small that opening more bases only benefits probably 1% of the group. The argument that it attracts more applicants is not a valid point either. I feel we are still below standard pay and if they boost our pay above Netjets next year, (which it sounds like they will), then start asking for benefits. Keep in mind too that if we get this raise, Netjets will be behind and they will have to wait, what, 4 more years to get another. Remember, there are advantages on both sides.

Who's talking another raise? I haven't heard about it... if anything the company could take away the raise and blame the economy. :rolleyes: However I've heard that business is good and Flex is making money so another raise is possible but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The raise rumor is going around. If it happens it will again quell the attempts to improve QOL issues at Flex. The notes from the last CAB meeting summed it up, the baseing issue is dead beacause they have no staffing issues. If the basing issue only affects 1% of the crewmembers then why would it even be an issue? That is to say, the cost of making 1% of all crewmembers happy should be very small. I truely believe that if Flex would improve QOL issues, it would go from being a great job, to being the best flying job around. Just the opinion of a humble one percenter.......

Latest resources

Back