Why no bases at Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Double Farts!

I too have heard the raise rumor, but no theories on amounts outside of this thread. Bigger than the last one?! That would put first year pay in the high 70's. That might happen...and monkeys might fly out of my butt. The only reason we got the last one was because of NJA, where's the motivation for this one? Maybe if Options gets a contract that puts them in front of us, but right now that doesn't sound too likely. Why would they shell out that kind of money for something we're not even unhappy about? You would have to think that any sizable raise would cost more than opening more bases, esp in cities with proven lower fares. To be honest I would be happy with the same yearly pay (based on 14 days per BP though), more bases, and scheduling improvements (hard showtimes, not this 4 hour band they're talking about). My guess is we see a modest raise, more than NJA and CS on paper but we'll still be working more days. I don't think we'll see more bases until we start hurting for pilots or we unionize, whichever comes first.

I don't know where the 1 percent number is derived from but my guess is it is more like 30 to 40 percent are really interested in new bases. I for one it is a huge issue. Chicago is home for my wife and i and you have aai and swa to fly on. How could that not be benificial to the company?? I'm sorry but dallas is not that great of a place if you weren't raised here or have any other ties to the area. MORE BASES!!!

Well, I keep hearing that another big raise is coming next year (larger than the last one)... I feel we are still below standard pay and if they boost our pay:rolleyes: above Netjets next year, (which it sounds like they will), then start asking for benefits. Keep in mind too that if we get this raise, Netjets will be behind and they will have to wait, what, 4 more years to get another. Remember, there are advantages on both sides.

hah...hah...hah

you very funny man ;)

Even XOJet can afford to offer more bases than Flexjet - it makes sense logistically. It really is too bad that bases at Flex are so limitied. Surprising that no West Coast bases are provided any longer (Denver is the furthest West). A lot of good pilots happen to live on the left coast.

Sounds like Flexjet likes to be inFLEXible with its own employees just because it can be... That's sad when cost could potentially decrease if Flexjet enhanced its own pilot logistics FLEXibility... Doesn't make much sense when you think about it. I guess it could be a negotiating carrot for the next round of contract talks.

I would be happy to see the daily rates adjusted so we get the same pay for working 15 days as we do now working 16 - an across the board raise rather than the targeted raise from last year. It would at least be a step in the right direction. With the reduction in flying it would probably not even require additional staff. (14 would be better or course, but that'll never happen!)

I haven't heard any raise rumors. I'd rather see some QOL stuff over more cash. Industry standard 182 days per year, industry standard bases (20 sounds good), hard rest rules, and salt and pepper with my crew meals.

Last edited:
i've heard talk of a new raise but its going to be mainly for the challenger/senior guys since they didn't get much last time.

Completaly NOT true! increasing payroll right now will rise the company operational cost. Projected flying is down 10% of what spected to be due to economy taking a tank. Company still financially healthy and has plenty of cash in the bank, but in todays economy I dont see them doing this anytime soon.
What they are probably doing is (and this applies ONLY to senior guys hired the first year when flexjet open doors) extending the top out salary because this guys aren't retiring yet and every year FlexJet is facing a new salary top out!

Latest resources

Back