• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why no bases at Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I honestly feel that adding 5-10 more domiciles at Flex would make it as competitive for pilots as Netjets. Throw in LAX, SFO, SEA, ORD, LAS, PHX, SLC, IAH, MSP, DTW, STL, CVG, ATL, MCO, CLT, IAD and BOS and you would have a real winner! How about they just add LAX, ORD, ATL and maybe SEA for decent coverage in the short run? Show some incremental improvement. Too bad that's not likely.

It's a sad story for many wannabe Flexjetters who just can't move to the limited bases for a variety of reasons...

Last edited:
next time maybe you'll get jello and mash potatoes!

Dude... I love Jell-O Mash Potatoes but unfortunately we don't have the nice meal choices that our unionized brethren do. And on that subject lets put MSY on the base list.

Heard from two different instructors during recurrent, that TC told them we were getting a better then cost of living raise accross the board.

Also heard that we are going away from a Captain/F.O. type payscale to a year's in service payscale regardless of seat position. That would put us in line with the rest of Bombardier.

Bases, rest rules, and food need to be addressed. When we get to haggling over our crewmeals we'll know we've made a good job a great one.

Also heard that we are going away from a Captain/F.O. type payscale to a year's in service payscale regardless of seat position. That would put us in line with the rest of Bombardier.

Bases, rest rules, and food need to be addressed. When we get to haggling over our crewmeals we'll know we've made a good job a great one.

If there is no premium for captains, why would anyone ever upgrade?

I didn't come up with the proposal. It's just what I've heard from a pretty reliable source. It's supposed to be something like what UPS does.

I didn't come up with the proposal. It's just what I've heard from a pretty reliable source. It's supposed to be something like what UPS does.

UPS pay is still based on seniority and seat, they just pay the same for all fleets. Size doesn't matter at UPS.

Raise, cost of living increase, UPS format of pay etc. etc. are all bogus. Latest supplied intel should sober up any of those thoughts.

that's what he means. Same pay for all fleets. I bet what happens is they bump up the pay (and the rumor is 10%), and combine the challenger and lear scales to one.

Latest resources

Back