Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gunfyter said:
The NBAA Compensation and Benchmark Survey

Where for example the 90th percentile pay for a 6th year Captain on an aircraft of GW > than 35,000 lbs is $123,585. About 60K more than NJA pay.
Erroneously comparing yourself to part 91 corp flight department salaries I see. You do understand that doing so is comparing apples to oranges. Good luck with making a compelling argument using those statistics. You're better off just saying "We want more money".

And I continue to marvel at the irony of you using a benchmark which reflects non-union wages, arrived at through a process completely different from collective bargaining.

Publishers said:
Don't worry, these people would never let the reality of the world enter their perception of how things should be even when confronted with facts. Frankly, while I do not know everyones pay, I suspect that there is not one pilot flying corporate on this airport making over $100k except perhaps the captain that came from SFO. They use a $300 a day co-pilot for their flights.
You want reality? I'm a 5 year captain and I make less than the $300 a day co-pilot you refer to. Still think I am out of touch with reality?

CatYaaak said:
Erroneously comparing yourself to part 91 corp flight department salaries I see. You do understand that doing so is comparing apples to oranges. Good luck with making a compelling argument using those statistics. You're better off just saying "We want more money".

And I continue to marvel at the irony of you using a benchmark which reflects non-union wages, arrived at through a process completely different from collective bargaining.
OK Yaaak, what benchmark do you suggest we use for a comparative baseline?
You say I can't use other fractionals, because they don't use collective bargaining and that their pay is based off of ours.
You say I can't base it off part 91 pilots flying the same type plane as I fly because they don't use collective bargaining to establish their wages.

So who are the other "apples" that identically match NJA pilot's situation and would be acceptable to use for your benchmark?

CatYaaak said:

I am comparing myself to those who fly the same equipment and do the same job... Only I do it better and more productively. And I am smarter and better looking too. So we apply a correction factor to the 90th percentile in the survey to account for the higher pruductivity and flexibility...

AND...the Answer is
$161,896​

for an NJA CE-750 Captain in the 6th year. But if I only get the 90th percentile NBAA pay I can live with it.

In the end, The compelling argument to be made is a release to work action. That is the only thing that will make them see sense.

Last edited:
Why can't we compare ourselves to 91 operators? The company does.

SkyGirl said:
I asked a couple of times how NetJets pay would compare to that of the other fractional providers if the TA was approved. No one answered, but someone did PM me the addy for Airlinepilot.com. The answer is, "About the same as Flight Options, Flex Jet and Citation Shares."

So next I wondered why these NetJet guys thought they should be paid more than other pilots doing the same job. Is it because NetJets is more profitable then the other fractionals?

So I went to the SEC, something we here in DC well know how to do. The following is from Berkshire Hathaway's most recent 10k filing:

I looked at the most recent 10q as well and it supports the above quoted statement from BH's legal mouthpiece, Deloitte and Thouche.

So I guess NetJets isn't wildly profitable either, just bigger.

It doesn't seem right to compare NetJet pay to corporate pilot's salaries because that's not what you do. Your job seems more like charter operations than corporate, but that's not quite right either. It would seem that the most appropriate way to determine if your pay is fair would be to compare it to others that do exactly what you do, the other fractionals.

So why should you guys get paid more than they do?

-SkyGirl-
(anybody know where I can get a flame retartdant suit? :) )
Don't worry pal. We're figuring it out.

P.S. you sound like NJA management.

problem

Majik said:
You want reality? I'm a 5 year captain and I make less than the $300 a day co-pilot you refer to. Still think I am out of touch with reality?
Well he may not agree-- he has no benefits, only flies when they need him versus another guy, has to do all his own record keeping, most flights he is called for are weekends and holidays. No minimum guarantee, not even a promise of full time.

He has a type in the Challenger, over 1500 in type, and 5000 total

Publisher,

Do you know that you listed your ratings as "SMELI"? Are you done pretending to be a pilot. Go file some paperwork at Easton.

FLYLOW22 said:
Publisher,

Do you know that you listed your ratings as "SMELI"? Are you done pretending to be a pilot. Go file some paperwork at Easton.
This is the funniest quote I've read on fltightinfo.

Latest resources

Back