• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is AT&T losing its pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True, but the department was too big and too expensive. They basically cut it in half for starters... You can imagine the increased workload that would put on those who remain.

People are still staying for a career. The thing is they hire then furlough. Then hire and furlough. Some stay for a career because they're high enough to dodge the axe... There were guys with 12-15 years getting the chop on the first round.

I can only say that a couple of the people I know who left did so because of the things you mentioned. Another few are biding their time so they can retire.

Don't shoot the messenger. Just passing things along that I have been told because you asked.

All true LD! You brought me back from self imposed exile!

Has anyone heard of a chief pilot there who has a daughter in the flight dept. I guess these two get into big loud arguments when they fly together. Nobody seems to know if it's a father/daughter thing or a pilot/flight attendant. Seems to happen on a regular basis. Same asst chief pilot that shutdown a perfectly good engine on one of their 2000's.

Sounds like a carnival ride over there. I would think they would have some type of nepotism clause to prevent these family feuds.

Can somebody verify a 10 year Captain on a 900Easy is barely making $100?

Sounds about right. As for the other post yes there is an Assistant CP that has a daughter flight attendant but not sure about the "arguments". But it wouldn't surprise me.

Sounds about right. As for the other post yes there is an Assistant CP that has a daughter flight attendant but not sure about the "arguments". But it wouldn't surprise me.

Sounds like " Shakedown" to me. No idea about the arguments thing though....

I do remember him giving a line check to two people in this thread and criticizing them for using flows on all the checklists. "We don't do flows here."

Don't forget to put in your mandatorily voluntary United Way donation, CRJ.

Last edited:
Same asst chief pilot that shutdown a perfectly good engine on one of their 2000's.

They have a history of people flaming out engines. It keeps you employed longer. It is also why they are addicted to three-holers.

One guy (who survived the cut by the way) allegedly dual flame outed one of their Citation 650s years ago...with the CEO on board. He still has a job. But one of the guys in this thread managed a cabin depress at altitude flawlessly with multiple execs in back and got the chop.

There are three guys there I would swap out. Bring CRJ and Rum back, along with just about anyone on the street, and punt those other three... But quality isn't the criteria there.

Heyyyyy!

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to go back or even start there? That flight Department has a storied past as one of the premier positions in corporate aviation. I can't believe the amount of negative info coming out about the management team this place definately has gone down to bush league chief pilots and a clueless director with a Napolianic complex.

I wonder what keeps these folks at this flight department.

The previous director was an absent minded professor.... Overrated I would say, but it had potential to be awesome.

Put Doug or Mark in charge....maybe one or two others would also do a good job....and the place really could be great.

Why would anyone want to go back or even start there?

A job is a job right now. Anything beats unemployment.

That flight Department has a storied past as one of the premier positions in corporate aviation.

Just remember it used to be SBC which acquired AT&T and took the name over. Then BellSouth and Cingular came in. So you are merging three/four different departments and reputations.

Latest resources

Back