Why East Pilots are mad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From USAPAWATCH.COM

The Charlotte reps never cease to amaze us with their ability to create divisiveness. With support for their crusade waning, it is clear that they are resorting to desperate measures to maintain absolute power.

“It is the recommendation of your domicile representatives that, if confronted in any airport, immediately call 911 from your cell phone and report the confrontation to local authorities.” – CLT Domicile Update 5/28/09

Capt. ‘General’ Day’s latest call to arms tasks east pilots to call 911 whenever they encounter west pilots. Imagine your surprise when you say ‘hello’ to your fellow aviator at the airport Starbucks and instead of offering a cordial reply the police are summoned. You may scoff at this scenario, but this is exactly what General Day is instructing his members to do.

Thankfully, most US Airways pilots have had enough of the divisiveness perpetuated by the Cleary and General Day types. If losing a major DFR case wasn’t enough, they now believe that the west will be pummeled into submission by the employ of scare tactics and threats of retaliation.

To be sure, there have been unprofessional encounters initiated by pilots from both sides. If General Day were a real union representative, he would encourage his members to contact their professional standards representative to resolve the issue. Before your next trip print out their contact information and carry it with you. It can be found on the Members Only Section of the USAPA website. Just click on ‘yellow pages’ on the left hand column. There are nine volunteers listed for your convenience.

It’s your choice. Obviously if you feel bodily harm is eminent, the proper authorities should be notified. But we all know this is highly unlikely. The next time a crew extends a friendly hello, ignore General Day and put the cell phone back in the pocket. Instead of dialing 911, just return the gesture or remain silent.

General Day’s divisive orders must be rejected. Fostering east/west unity must become USAPA’s number one goal. Like it or not, we will be sharing cockpits sooner than later.

TheEye also asks General Day to publish the unedited video of the CLT meeting for all members to examine. Hopefully the scene where he scoffs at two E190 pilots will be included so we can witness the General proclaim that the A330 pilots are not interested in their plight. Of course this excerpt will probably be cut from the published version as it is diametrically opposed to his empathetic (and fake) plea for their cause in today’s domicile update.

The bottom line is General Day doesn’t care about the E190 pilots nor is he interested in building east/west unity.

Sitting on the sidelines is unacceptable.

It’s time to join.

"Bad boys bad boys, wachya gonna do? Wachya gonna do when they smile at you..."

Officers responding to a 10-96 (Pilot adding cream to his coffee at Starbucks). 7 Mary 4 and 5 are on Segway pursuit of suspects wearing a red lanyard with flight kit sticker "U-S-A-P-A S-U-C-K-S" .

Call the CIRP team into action and leave the cops alone.

Yeah now that's getting pretty stupid. So far, I'm not a Day fan, just from what I've read about him. Perhaps a bad apple. I was heartened to read from the west reps that they had good dealings with the PHL reps. I know them to be good people, and we need all the good people we can get.

I actually get a kick out of watching west pilots in the terminal. There was the guy a few months ago explaining to the credit card pusher (you know, the guys asking in CLT "sir, who did you fly in on today?" and then the puzzled look from the customer who thinks "what an idiot how else would I get here except to ride usair...") (anyway) here was this pilot explaining to the credit card boy what arbitration was and that binding wasn't what was happening to his boxers it's what's supposed to happen after arbitration and blah blah blah......hilarious! Then, there was the west capt the other day who took it upon himself to describe me as an easthole to his flight attendants. They were impressed. He probably "scored" later.

As a pilot working for another airline, I feel that way about the America West pilots. Every time, I jumpseat on America West, I have to hear their side of the story again. As someone who doesn't care, I want to say STFU, but I don't because I am grateful for a ride. When I ride on the East airplanes, they don't even bring it up and neither do I.

Hockey;
That's funny. When ever I've had an off-line pilot in the jumpseat, he or she usually asks for a thumb-nail sketch of what is going on. I usually keep it short with highlights from the trial.

As a commuter, I am ALWAYS asked about the merger / pilot list issue. I am careful to make statements that are true, and not use any distasteful language.

I am sorry for your inconvenience during your ride to work or home.

OMG! Those videos are awesome!

That was the boringest video I never watched. The first one has 600+ views. After that videos 2 thru 8 have about 60 views apiece. Don't think anyone really cares. Sorry Jack. Another waste of USAPA dues money. Lobbying on YouTube? What are we a bunch of high school kids?

USAPA will lose no matter what legal avenue they choose to take. Nic will stand, and all the easties thumping their chests about shutting the place down will show up for work like the spineless pieces of human excrement that they are. Where exactly are they going to go when they cause the demise of their precious airline? Not gonna happen. In the end they will have lost the battle, the war, and their dignity (assuming they have any left).

I would agree....NIC will stand, East will loose the appeal....the damages will likely bankrupt USAPA...

then they can sit down and negotiate a contract...

Move on...

You can't bankrupt a Union with dues paying members. The Assesment will be pretty large though to pay the damages. That Trial starts mid August. 5 Day Jury trial to determine if Usapa caused financial hardship to the AWA furloughs, downgrades, lineholders bumped to reserve, etc... Should not be too hard to prove.

Why does anyone give MCDU anything other than silence. This guy has claimed to be an East pilot, but when called to the table finally confusses is not.

Obviously, one of his relatives works for the East and he hears only the East version. He does not care about the West version. He did not learn the lesson, that there are two sides to every story and somewhere in between lies the truth.

Latest resources

Back