• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why East Pilots are mad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When the former PSA bases were closed - nobody was furloughed - the pilots were displaced to other bases. Yeah it sucked - but that is part of this job (commuting or moving - your choice).

Metrojet

Exactly. Offering "protection" in the form of fences around domiciles is illusory. Domiciles come and go.

Cowboy75 -
I really hope and recommend you go to your fellow West pilots - and explain to them it is really time to come to a consensus that benefits us all (otherwise we will be in litigation for many many years - or until the next merger - and then all bets are off).
Metrojet

Metro,

You have figured it out, I am very much an insider, having spent seven days in the courtroom. I was there for the verdict and there was not dancing in the streets. Just quiet resolve. If you think you are on the right side of the law and public opinion, I have the right to disagree. My fight is against USAPA, an organization formed to cheat a proceess both sides agreed was Final and Binding.

I agree, all bets are off.

I am not the only one thinking it will self destruct.
You misunderstood. What I want you to prove is that the Easties will shut this place down. When they've successfully shut down US Airways out of spite I will believe you.
The award is just not going to work.
Try it before you knock it. I'm willing to give it a go.
Sorry that you are still hoping for the windfall at the expense of the East pilots.
Apology not accepted.

AWA pilots and the PFT mentality has created some real mad East pilots.
Nice video to see why East Pilots are so mad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GikRJNqxPbs

Part 1 of 8

Plus, think about this scenerio:
How the United pilots and the Nic award would work. almost 800 East pilots accepted recall and would be on the list junior to ' save Dave '. United is about 40% larger than a combined AWA/ AAA list - a ratio would put around 1250 pilots ( on a joint UAL/AAA/AWA) junior. So, with 1500 pilots on furlough and adding in 1250 on a ratio, then the bottom - the bottom - AWA pilot would be 2750 numbers up the list with a 2005 DOH.

M

Pilots like yourself make me embarrassed to have chosen this profession. I hope that I am able to change careers before age catches up with me.

Time will tell. At age 36 it is hard to start over, but I am trying.

Meanwhile you girls can bitch all you want. And let mgt trample over what should be a respectable career.

I am not the only one thinking it will self destruct.

I bet your east pilot boyfriend has been very unhappy lately, thus you firing up the computer with more of your drivel!

The award is just not going to work. Sorry that you are still hoping for the windfall at the expense of the East pilots.
Once again, your east coast lover will have to get over it. Binding means binding. Besides Mcdoosh, what do you care, you don't even fly for a major. Get back to flying that Beech 1900 for Gulfstream. Just think, in 10 years, you'll have that PFT job all but paid for!:laugh:

Once again, your east coast lover will have to get over it. Binding means binding

Well avoid windfall means avoid windfall. Active pilot means active pilot and not furloughed. Westies had no Widebodie flying. With Nic they get it all. Windfall, Widebodie and even got the profit sharing.

There is no way any other carrier would have reacted different. Just look at the Air Wisconsin and MVA merger. AWAC got put in to trusteeship and was forced into a complete screw job. Just ask the oldtimers that used to fly the 146 on how Air Whiskey pilots feel. To bad they are all gone and the senior boys are the MVA jerks.

Every major airline would have reacted the same if a 18 year pilot gets put behind some one who is on probation at some low cost, high turn around, bottom feeder airline that has played its part in the downward spiral of this profession, by working under commuter wages in the 90's, with no pension and no work rules. AWA and their contracts in allowing 90 seat jets and their desire to undercut all major working conditions played a huge role on how low to set the bar. AWA pilots were a disgrace for excepting and staying at such and airline prior to 9/11. Its no wonder they have been referred to as Mesa Grande .

Get it tourette boy. Do bad you washed out at Gulfstreeam Steve. You are a slime ball and I understand that you feel longevity means nothing, which does not surprise me. Its the 90's PFT crowd that wants it all.

M

Marty,

Nic and the other two neutrals say you're wrong:

The NWA/DAL merger indicates You're wrong:

A Federal Judge decided time and again to keep the trial moving fwd. IOW, You're wrong:

A Jury of 9 citizens, in 90 minutes, determined that You're wrong.

Now it's the Appellate courts chance to once again inform you that "You're Wrong"

Injunction inside of 30 days and the Damages trial begins in August. Someone in your house is going to have to start handing over some of their paltry E190 paycheck to help pay the damages that their Fake Union, that they so enthusiastically cheered on, has caused. Probably should have thought a little longer about that recall thing...there's a reason the vast majority of furloughees never returned. US Air has a long history of trashing careers. Perhaps you didn't notice that? Hardly new information.

Anyway, I know you guys have a psychotic aversion to facts and reality but it's all there. Read the Transcripts. The trial actually DID happen and your Fake Union was found GUILTY OF DFR. You, (or someone you know) are liable and your Fake Union and their $$$$ will soon be parted for the West pilots benefit.

BTW, a DFR is an exceptionally rare conviction. There is only a handful in several decades of modern labor law. Good Job Seham. The West Attorneys agree, Lee Seham is the best thing that could have happened for the AWA pilots. I mean really, if one plans on forming a Fake Union to forcibly rape the minority, the least one could do is hire the worlds most incompetent, pathologically dishonest, ambulance chaser. Seham has delivered nothing but bone crushing defeats and mountains of embarrassment. If the East ever took off their Nic. colored glasses maybe they would see what is clearly staring them in the face. Nah...that would require a rational thought. Never gonna happen. Nevermind.

Once again, your east coast lover will have to get over it. Binding means binding

Well avoid windfall means avoid windfall. Active pilot means active pilot and not furloughed. Westies had no Widebodie flying. With Nic they get it all. Windfall, Widebodie and even got the profit sharing.

There is no way any other carrier would have reacted different. Just look at the Air Wisconsin and MVA merger. AWAC got put in to trusteeship and was forced into a complete screw job. Just ask the oldtimers that used to fly the 146 on how Air Whiskey pilots feel. To bad they are all gone and the senior boys are the MVA jerks.

Every major airline would have reacted the same if a 18 year pilot gets put behind some one who is on probation at some low cost, high turn around, bottom feeder airline that has played its part in the downward spiral of this profession, by working under commuter wages in the 90's, with no pension and no work rules. AWA and their contracts in allowing 90 seat jets and their desire to undercut all major working conditions played a huge role on how low to set the bar. AWA pilots were a disgrace for excepting and staying at such and airline prior to 9/11. Its no wonder they have been referred to as Mesa Grande .

Get it tourette boy. Do bad you washed out at Gulfstreeam Steve. You are a slime ball and I understand that you feel longevity means nothing, which does not surprise me. Its the 90's PFT crowd that wants it all.

M

Where do you work again?

Oh! And by the way can you please quote where in ALPA merger policy it says that once you reach the arbitration phase that the arbiter and his panel are bound by the same tenets suggested during the negotiation phase? You quote that a lot so I'd like to read it if you can produce it. Thanks.

You know, my one year old daughter doesnt whine as much as the Easties

- Former AWA Dispatcher, fight the good fight!!!!

"There is no way any other carrier would have acted different"

Quite true; a merger with any other carrier would have produced essentially the same result. Every other pilot group in the industry understands putting formerly employed pilots below currently employed pilots. Every other pilot group understands putting F/O's - whether they were hired in 1989 or 1999 - below Captains.

We're all waiting - still waiting - for someone from AirTran, or Southwest, or Delta, to come on here and tell us they agree with the usair pilot group and would have bought into the DOH concept & put their 7 year Captains behind 20-year F/O's.

Everyone in the industry is sorry that usair management took a good thing in the 80's and proceeded to screw it up so royally for the next 20 years. Everyone gets why the pilots are mad. What no one agrees with is trying to steal back lost careers from another pilot group.

Latest resources

Back