• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why don't the regionals bring back PFT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL is being defensive. He didn't initially get your sentiment, so he claims it's flame. I think it's an interesting topic to discuss.

I do too. I'd be interested in finding out how many of you, currently at the regionals, would pay to go to an airline like Delta or some other legacy that most of you had your sights on when you started flight training.

I do too. I'd be interested in finding out how many of you, currently at the regionals, would pay to go to an airline like Delta or some other legacy that most of you had your sights on when you started flight training.

The percentage of regional pilots willing to pay to go to DAL is probably about the same percentage as UPS FOs willing to buy the left seat or a better schedule.

Whether we like it or not a certain percentage of humans are going to be willing to stab others in the back to move up. Its not unique to pilots and it will never go away. If you are not one that is predisposed to this type of behavior, take pride in your personal accomplishments and don't envy the advancement of others who don't follow your personal morals.

Browntothebown, (aka full of the brown stuff!) Lame attempt at flamebait.

You can count me out of that. If you think that I would pay one more $0.01 to be gone all the time and forced to work every holiday just so I can have some lame airline job and strut around the terminal in a lame sub commander get-up, think again. The sooner I can get out of this smoking crater of an industry, the better--I'm certainly not going to pay more money to stay in it! And while I may have had my sights set on a legacy when I started my flight training, I was over it by the time I hit my instrument rating. I love the "flying" part of airline flying, but defnitely not the "airline" part.

And that goes for UPS too.

-Goose

Last edited:
You can count me out of that. If you think that I would pay one more $0.01 to be gone all the time and forced to work every holiday just so I can have some lame airline job and strut around the terminal in a lame sub commander get-up, think again. The sooner I can get out of this smoking crater of an industry, the better--I'm certainly not going to pay more money to stay in it! And while I may have had my sights set on a legacy when I started my flight training, I was over it by the time I hit my instrument rating. I love the "flying" part of airline flying, but defnitely not the "airline" part.

And that goes for UPS too.

-Goose

Wow...sounds like you've changed your opinion quite a bit in the last several months at SkyWest?

Wow...sounds like you've changed your opinion quite a bit in the last several months at SkyWest?

Instant gratification strikes again. Everybody who didn't get on with a major by 25 should just quit right now.

Buh bye!!

I can tell you how many would buy a job at Delta, just look at how many have a 737 type before even getting an interview at Southwest.

Instant gratification strikes again. Everybody who didn't get on with a major by 25 should just quit right now.

Buh bye!!

It's not fair. I'm sure his aviation university/flight school "promised" him, that with their degree, he would be on with a major by now.

Latest resources

Back