• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why do ASA pilots want PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Y'all don't know what the phuk you're talking about.

Our vacation month allow a pilot 70-75 hours. Even in a month that the TLV is high. In a bad month, a junior pilot could get unstacked on a vacation month but our scheduling committee will do the bid runs to try and minimize the damage, but it will be rare. Because our guys actually run this award process they can tweak it for the least amount of damage, instead of the company ham-handedly unstacking half the list just because they don't want to bother.

In our agreement we even gave guys with vacation a trump card that will override the company even if they ignore all the other pilot's credit request.

Y'all don't know what the phuk you're talking about.
In our agreement we even gave guys with vacation a trump card that will override the company even if they ignore all the other pilot's credit request.
Gonna bet you will be squealing loudest of all.
Good luck, you are gonna need it.
PBR

Streetgang, you sound pretty bitter, jaded and worn down by life.....but I gotta admit, your reply was pretty funny.

Now, back to BH bashing!

Streetgang, you sound pretty bitter, jaded and worn down by life.....but I gotta admit, your reply was pretty funny.

Now, back to BH bashing!

I think he is bitter, jaded and worn down by life with Chip and Brad...

We're next.

I hope you can read Korean, or Arabic, because that is what it will look like.
PBR

My extensive training prior to this career has me fluent in both of those....among others.

Oh, and by the way.... since JoeMerchant started taking cheap shots below the belt....

What "cheap shot below the belt" did I take? It's clear that there are two different beliefs among the XJT pilots. I welcome those who think like cybourg10. My beef was with Nevets lecturing us about our PBS vote while admitting that you voted for pay concessions that weren't needed so as to "remain competitive". That isn't a "cheap shot", rather it is a inconveniant truth that some want to brush under the rug.

I would like to see this work as I think it benefits ALL of us by making us larger and stronger in a tough environment and a tough industry. However don't come hear and lecture ASA pilots about PBS while trying to ignore the concessions YOUR pilot group voted for. That dog won't hunt....

I think he is bitter, jaded and worn down by life with Chip and Brad...

We're next.

Would some of you bitter folks enlighten us to which regional management group you would rather work for. Pick one any one....Which one is your "dream team"?

Buy Powerball tickets, the odds are better.
PBR

Are you kidding? Generation X has a clear advantage in PBS. We may have a lot of gel in our hair/wigs, but we know how to use computers. I had a old timer in crew lounge ask me how to get on the internet....while he was on ourASA. That was some funny chit.

What "cheap shot below the belt" did I take? It's clear that there are two different beliefs among the XJT pilots. I welcome those who think like cybourg10. My beef was with Nevets lecturing us about our PBS vote while admitting that you voted for pay concessions that weren't needed so as to "remain competitive". That isn't a "cheap shot", rather it is a inconveniant truth that some want to brush under the rug.

I would like to see this work as I think it benefits ALL of us by making us larger and stronger in a tough environment and a tough industry. However don't come hear and lecture ASA pilots about PBS while trying to ignore the concessions YOUR pilot group voted for. That dog won't hunt....

Ok but we took pay cuts and are STILL higher than your pay rates! So how is that a concession?

Our union gave them ALL the cards. QUOTE]

maybe cause the union gets that 6hour credit (bought off?)but hey we get a 1% NEXT YR plus min day increases what, .11??????!

Yep-

Not many people know that as a result of this, our union reps are getting a huge raise for themselves. Nice sales job!

(I find it more than a little ironic that someone we all know was removed from his chairman position due to supposedly abusing the pay system. So now this system has been "enhanced" to assure that all the reps are paid way more-so that it is never abused again.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back