Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Can't Expressjet Reserves Get Consistent Golden Days Off?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So then, let's get down to the brass tacks, here, so to speak. What in the heck does Retro or a signing bonus have to do with our future prospects ahead? Are we truly digging this deep to oust the MEC/LEC now? I'd say this was a pretty desperate stretch, if so. Especially since they've since been re-elected and we had the opportunity to vote them out since. Truth is this- they got us a deal, and we accepted a deal. The retro issue was quiet for YEARS and now people are unhappy about it?????

And to clarify things- the MEC didn't get a special piece of the pie. They got ratioed out the pay just as everyone else. To accuse otherwise, is either a misunderstanding, or a flat out lie.

Because it speaks to their character and engrained goal of doing the absolute minimum for the junior pilots.

Because it speaks to their character and engrained goal of doing the absolute minimum for the junior pilots.

You do realize that there isn't a single person on the current MEC who was a member of the MEC who did the signing bonus, don't you? You do realize that the ring leader of the current recall movement was a member of the MEC who came up with the signing bonus formula, don't you?

Ok thats enough of the not doing enough for the junior pilot whining. Its beyond rediculous. When you have to dig back to 2007 days and make an argument about retro pay that never existed, you're being desperate. PBS by itself was a HUGE win for the junior pilots

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You do realize that there isn't a single person on the current MEC who was a member of the MEC who did the signing bonus, don't you? You do realize that the ring leader of the current recall movement was a member of the MEC who came up with the signing bonus formula, don't you?

Real change (not just a couple members) begins with this and I like it. I would like a bottom to top change that results in representation for the junior pilots equal in effect to the representation of the senior pilots. If things like 6 hour min day for the alpa reps, while they tell reserve guys that 4 for 4 and don't call when you're done are are impossible, are killed in the process then great.

If our alpa is willing to change, starting with producing financial documents of our local cash flow then I am willing to compromise.

And to any "hear no evil" guys who just want to ignore the significance of the retro pay debacle, I believe the exact same thing would happen today which is why nothing has changed yet.

Real change (not just a couple members) begins with this and I like it. I would like a bottom to top change that results in representation for the junior pilots equal in effect to the representation of the senior pilots. If things like 6 hour min day for the alpa reps, while they tell reserve guys that 4 for 4 and don't call when you're done are are impossible, are killed in the process then great.

If our alpa is willing to change, starting with producing financial documents of our local cash flow then I am willing to compromise.

And to any "hear no evil" guys who just want to ignore the significance of the retro pay debacle, I believe the exact same thing would happen today which is why nothing has changed yet.

Real change? You guys just keep coming up with vague statements. What in the world a new LEC or MEC be able to change that would make things different? Junior this junior that. Just chill out, stop listening to dumb rumors about whats going on in negotiations,let the process work itself out to a TA, then we can all discuss the facts of the TA and whether junior folks were left out(doubtful)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back