Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Can't Expressjet Reserves Get Consistent Golden Days Off?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaribPilot

Positive Rate
Is there not a section of the contract that is supposed to make this happen? Is it really too much to ask to have a schedule with consistent days off? How much longer will reserves be thrown under the bus? O...i guess "it was worse in the old days"...and reserves should be happy to even have a section in the contract....GTFOH.

Is there not a section of the contract that is supposed to make this happen? Is it really too much to ask to have a schedule with consistent days off? How much longer will reserves be thrown under the bus? O...i guess "it was worse in the old days"...and reserves should be happy to even have a section in the contract....GTFOH.

There is no provision in the contract for your situation.

It's not going to get any better in the next contract. The negotiating committee has said publicly they have no intention of improving the reserve section of the contract. Yes, it may have been worse in the past on reserves as a whole, but many pilots have been on reserve years longer now. I feel your pain.

How strange is it that attrition consists of mostly FO's right now. LOL Good luck replacing them when age 65 hits places that are more desirable to work for.

How strange is it that attrition consists of mostly FO's right now. LOL Good luck replacing them when age 65 hits places that are more desirable to work for.

They will throw up their arms and say "what happened???!!!!....we are a super regional now........why doesn't anybody want to work here?"

They will come out with a memo about how they got caught flat-footed and will need our help by referring friends. I would NEVER refer a friend here.

Last edited:
There is no provision in the contract for your situation.

It's not going to get any better in the next contract. The negotiating committee has said publicly they have no intention of improving the reserve section of the contract. Yes, it may have been worse in the past on reserves as a whole, but many pilots have been on reserve years longer now. I feel your pain.

A negotiating committee that speaks publicly huh? Strange.

They will throw up their arms and say "what happened???!!!!....we are a super regional now........why doesn't anybody want to work here?"

They will come out with a memo about how they got caught flat-footed and will need our help by referring friends. I would NEVER refer a friend here.

Lol...ahhh what i'd give to see where things are a year from now.

The negotiating committee has said publicly they have no intention of improving the reserve section of the contract.

And which contract would that be, the CRJ or the ERJ CBA?

Assuming you ACTUALLY know what you're talking about, if reserve rules stick to the ERJ language, overall it IS improved for a smaller amount of pilots

Assuming the reserve rules stick to the CRJ language, then that is a HUGE concession for a LARGER group of pilots.

Yep, reserve is terrible and will only get worse. Senior F/Os take notice and pull your CA bids the next time it matters. You really want to wait until you can hold a line.

Latest resources

Back